Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

14 hours ago, Abe56 said:

His time here was short, but I love B Marsh.  Not that Moore is a big man, but jeez Marshall is huge

Loved B-Marsh. Broke our single season receiving yards record and helped me win a fantasy championship that year. Lol.

6 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Offense will play 1-2 series. If the first series is long enough then that’s it. Saleh isn’t gonna risk injury much further than necessary. 

So you are saying Sauce, Hall and Wilson are all in that category?  I get not risking injury but they also need to earn playing time.

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Moving Fant back to RT could suck for morale.

It doesn't hurt as much if the guy you are moving for is basically your mentor and someone you have the upmost respect for.  It's not just some guy off the street.

I'd actually prefer to keep Fant at LT and have Brown start working at RT and see how it goes but what do I know.

Edited by Rockice_8
  • Like 1

So the early reports are that most people think that bringing in Brown means Fant moves to RT. Normally I'd say I dont like this bc why move a guy who played above average for us last year at that spot. But the knowledge of knowing how good and consistent Brown is as a LT for 14 years outweighs the 1 good year Fant had at LT. 14 years of good LT play overrides 1 goof year of LT play.

Now the issue is is that we have only 1 month until Week 1 and in essence have 2 guys learning in that time. Brown picking up the system (shouldn't be too hard for him as a 14yr vet on multiple teams), Fant learning a new position in this system, all while trying to have everyone on the same page. It's gonna be an uphill battle to have these 2 in form by Week 1. We also have to think about how long it takes Brown to get in "football" shape during this time as well.

Overall it was probably the best thing we could do given the situation we were put in by "Glass Becton" but it wont exactly be this OL hitting the ground running. 

2 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

So the early reports are that most people think that bringing in Brown means Fant moves to RT. Normally I'd say I dont like this bc why move a guy who played above average for us last year at that spot. But the knowledge of knowing how good and consistent Brown is as a LT for 14 years outweighs the 1 good year Fant had at LT. 14 years of good LT play overrides 1 goof year of LT play.

Now the issue is is that we have only 1 month until Week 1 and in essence have 2 guys learning in that time. Brown picking up the system (shouldn't be too hard for him as a 14yr vet on multiple teams), Fant learning a new position in this system, all while trying to have everyone on the same page. It's gonna be an uphill battle to have these 2 in form by Week 1. We also have to think about how long it takes Brown to get in "football" shape during this time as well.

Overall it was probably the best thing we could do given the situation we were put in by "Glass Becton" but it wont exactly be this OL hitting the ground running. 

Not a big a deal as you make it out to be I think.  Fant played RT in this scheme all last PS before Becton when down and making the switch.  If he was able to play LT on short notice well no reason he can't go back to RT where he was previously.  I hope his good season was finally him breaking out more so than making the switch to that side.  Brown is a pro and should be ready to go sooner rather than later while also playing in this scheme last year.

I think these changes are easier because these guys are veterans and not younger players.  No reason this isn't a top 10 OL and rush attack.  Add to the fact that Zack seems to be getting the ball out way faster will only help.

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Not a big a deal as you make it out to be I think.  Fant played RT in this scheme all last PS before Becton when down and making the switch.  If he was able to play LT on short notice well no reason he can't go back to RT where he was previously.  I hope his good season was finally him breaking out more so than making the switch to that side.  Brown is a pro and should be ready to go sooner rather than later while also playing in this scheme last year.

I think these changes are easier because these guys are veterans and not younger players.  No reason this isn't a top 10 OL and rush attack.  Add to the fact that Zack seems to be getting the ball out way faster will only help.

I hope it is smooth. The OL works best as a unit and not as individual talents. So Fant moving and having to mostly communicate with AVT rather than Laken will be different. Brown is off the streets but 2 vets like him and Laken should be able to figure each other out fast.

3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Fant played RT in this scheme all last PS before Becton when down and making the switch.  If he was able to play LT on short notice well no reason he can't go back to RT where he was previously.

IIRC, Fant did not do well at RT and he has stated he does not like RT, it is too different for him.  That said, I have no doubt JD/Saleh spoke to Fant prior to signing Brown to get his thoughts.  Are we also certain that Brown will play LT and Fant RT?  Could it be Brown at RT and Fant at LT?

2 minutes ago, xrade said:

IIRC, Fant did not do well at RT and he has stated he does not like RT, it is too different for him.  That said, I have no doubt JD/Saleh spoke to Fant prior to signing Brown to get his thoughts.  Are we also certain that Brown will play LT and Fant RT?  Could it be Brown at RT and Fant at LT?

It's possible sure.  They said a conversation needs to be had which I find unlikely.  Your telling me Brown signed without knowing where he's going to be playing.  I think the conversation was had I just think they are disclosing it yet.

Fant may not be as comfortable but Brown has never played it at all so I'm not sure what is gonna happen honestly.