Jets 2022 OTAs and Training Camp

Bobby816

14 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Debating on investing in a Z.Wilson rare rookie card. A while back, I was able to flip a Lamar Jackson card from $88 to $600. If ZW has a good year, I'd make a huge profit. 

The Card's probably already injured (ripped or folded corners) in it's young shelf life. 

• Like 2

Finally got around to watching 1JD Ep.2

And the biggest thing that stood out to me is the difference in work ethic. Look at the shape and motivation Lawson came back with after a WAY worse injury than Becton's. What's done is done with Becton and he probably only has 1 more year with us. But this DL has the opportunity to be great. Not sure we've ever had this much talent all across the DL. Now can that talent show up on Sunday's is what we'll have to see.

And that's pretty much the MO of this team right now. JD did his job and significantly upgraded the talent everywhere. Now it's on the talent to make that show up and do their job when it matters. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

And the biggest thing that stood out to me is the difference in work ethic. Look at the shape and motivation Lawson came back with after a WAY worse injury than Becton's. What's done is done with Becton and he probably only has 1 more year with us. But this DL has the opportunity to be great. Not sure we've ever had this much talent all across the DL. Now can that talent show up on Sunday's is what we'll have to see.

And that's pretty much the MO of this team right now. JD did his job and significantly upgraded the talent everywhere. Now it's on the talent to make that show up and do their job when it matters. 

Lawson referenced everyday "chopping wood" which is a book, "Chop Wood Carry Water" about falling in love with the process of becoming great.  Great book I actually read it two weeks ago.  He has the mindset to be a superstar.

JD has significantly upgraded the talent, which makes me hate how people say his a$$ is on the line if Zach fails this season.  The rookies have a bond and they are freaking talented.  Need to trust JD and Saleh's vision.

Edited by jetsfan4life51
  • Like 3

Offense

WR Corey Davis Denzel Mims

LT Duane Brown Chuma Edoga Grant Hermanns

LG Laken Tomlinson Nate Herbig

C Connor McGovern 

RG Alijah Vera-Tucker Dan Feeney

RT George Fant Max Mitchell

TE C.J. Uzomah Tyler Conklin Lawrence Cager Jeremy Ruckert

WR Braxton Berrios Jeff Smith

WR Elijah Moore Garrett Wilson

QB Joe Flacco Mike White Zach Wilson

RB Michael Carter Breece Hall Tevin Coleman (i don't want him but I see a vet)

PS Kenny Yeboah, Chris Streveler, Zonovan Knight (might sneak on for ST), Calvin Jackson

Edge John Franklin-Myers Jacob Martin Bryce Huff

DL Solomon Thomas Michael Clemons

DL Quinnen Williams Tanzel Smart

Edge Carl Lawson Jermaine Johnson Jabari Zuniga

LB Quincy Williams Hamsah Nasirildeen

LBC.J. MosleyJamien Sherwood

LB Marcell Harris Kwon Alexander 

Nickel Michael Carter II Javelin Guidry

CB D.J. Reed Brandin Echols Justin Hardee

CB Bryce Hall Sauce Gardner

S Lamarcus Joyner Jason Pinnock

S Jordan Whitehead Elijiah Riley

K + P

PS- Wildgoose, Dunn, Parks, DQ/Marcell, Phillips, Marshall

Zuniga probably out, IDK if he makes it to PS.  Mims traded or Smith cut.  I hope we keep Cager.  With the DL depth I can see Rankins cut.  Wouldn't mind getting a pick for White once Zach is back.  Echols may go PS or trade Bryce Hall to get value.  We have a lot of guys we could trade for 5th-7ths instead of cutting.  Not a bad thing.

15 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

trade Bryce Hall to get value.

Unless it is an unreasonably high draft pick, I'd keep him.  We need depth.  What if Reed or Sauce go down?  Echols is meh as with the rest besides Hall.  It is nice to finally have quality backups.  Hall will also be used in dime packages.

23 minutes ago, xrade said:

Unless it is an unreasonably high draft pick, I'd keep him.  We need depth.  What if Reed or Sauce go down?  Echols is meh as with the rest besides Hall.  It is nice to finally have quality backups.  Hall will also be used in dime packages.

Yes... you by no means trade a guy that would be starting on nearly any other team. Wish we would've tried him at FS after we signed Reed and drafted Sauce. 

2 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Lawson referenced everyday "chopping wood" which is a book, "Chop Wood Carry Water" about falling in love with the process of becoming great.  Great book I actually read it two weeks ago.  He has the mindset to be a superstar.

JD has significantly upgraded the talent, which makes me hate how people say his a$$ is on the line if Zach fails this season.  The rookies have a bond and they are freaking talented.  Need to trust JD and Saleh's vision.

Loved Lawson's perspective, felt it was genuine and relatable. 

Wanting to "see" how great you can be, and with that, being able to live with the outcome knowing that you put it all on the line. I'll always get behind people like that. In my experience, the "greats" (regardless of profession) are fueled by internal motivation -- that burning desire to "see" how great they can be, and the agonizing fear of falling into the category of what could've been. Lawson seems to be one of those guys. 

One of my all time favorite quotes, along the lines of chopping wood, is from Matt Campbell: "When you love the process, the process will love you back" 

22 hours ago, ekill08x said:

he is a career game manager. he will give us average QB play at his best.

The thing is, he really isn't a game manager type. He is a gun slinger type. Loves just chucking it up and hoping. In seasons where he was the starter he only topped a 90 QB rating twice and has basically been a 21 td to 13 int type player.  He doesn't even have strong pocket presence, taking some pretty ugly sacks over the past two seasons.

3 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Yes... you by no means trade a guy that would be starting on nearly any other team. Wish we would've tried him at FS after we signed Reed and drafted Sauce. 

It may have been too late this year for Hall at S.  Until we know what we have in Reed and Sauce, having Hall as a backup CB is better for this year.  If Sauce and Reed play really well then look at Hall for S next year.  It is a big change and they would want a full offseason to try it out.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

It may have been too late this year for Hall at S.  Until we know what we have in Reed and Sauce, having Hall as a backup CB is better for this year.  If Sauce and Reed play really well then look at Hall for S next year.  It is a big change and they would want a full offseason to try it out.

Pretty sure the coaches already shot down the idea of the move to FS.  Pinnock is the guy they moved and they seem to be really high on him so we could have our FS spot locked up next year already.  Supposedly he's a freak athlete and is an ideal deep safety because he excelled in zone coverage at Pitt.

So if my calculations are correct… 😉 

Wilson struggled ore injury last year… but seemed to be smarter with the ball and decisions post injury. So he got his injury out of the way this year so when he returns early in the season, he should be making the smart decisions. Trying to be optimistic here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

So if my calculations are correct… 😉 

Wilson struggled ore injury last year… but seemed to be smarter with the ball and decisions post injury. So he got his injury out of the way this year so when he returns early in the season, he should be making the smart decisions. Trying to be optimistic here.

Or grasping at straws. But I’m with ya. 

6 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Pretty sure the coaches already shot down the idea of the move to FS.  Pinnock is the guy they moved and they seem to be really high on him so we could have our FS spot locked up next year already.  Supposedly he's a freak athlete and is an ideal deep safety because he excelled in zone coverage at Pitt.

I hadn’t heard. Makes sense. Usually, a CB moves to S because they can’t play CB effectively. Or they get old and lose something.

17 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Idk,  Duke Manyweather keeps saying that the knee injury was significantly worse than what the Jets said it was last year.  Becton needing knee reconstruction surgery on his patellar tendon in his knee, something is weird with the whole situation. His didn't get hit there in training camp or anything, then they said his knee wasn't 100% during the offseason. Maybe the Jets medical staff botched the injury last year and it backfired now to where he needs reconstruction surgery on it. 

Becton's career isn't over yet, he is still a young guy and could figure it out. But he definitely needs to get that knee right because this whole offseason with him and it seemed odd.  He needs to be committed and serious with conditioning and keeping excess weight off, hes a big guy but doesn't need to be 400 lbs. That is going to be tough on his joints.

Carl Lawson is a different breed, the guy has an insane work ethic. There are alot of players on this Jets team that seem to have the right mind set and right work ethic.  I feel like we are so close to being a good team.  The talent we have is not like other teams we have been watching. This DL has a lot of talent on it where we will be cutting a good player or trading.  The offense has more weapons than any Jets offense in a long time.  Garrett Wilson looks like he is going to be a good one, Elijah Moore seems ready to take that next step, then the talent we have at RB and TE. It is going to be interesting.