Current Josh Allen Or Peak Russell Wilson?

CP3MVP

Josh Allen or Peak Russell Wilson?  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

• Josh Allen
    • Peak Russell Wilson

On 6/25/2022 at 8:49 PM, BullsandBroncos said:

If you knew who his QBs were those are damn good numbers for people like Trevor Simian, Drew Lock, and practice squad players throwing him the ball. 

Javonte Williams led the league in broken tackles last year and was a great Running back. 

oh yeah there's no way he will get more than 1100 yards and 6 touchdowns with a better QB. That's impossible. 

That doesn’t make them elite lol.

On 6/25/2022 at 6:29 PM, CP3MVP said:

1100 yards and 6 touchdowns is “damn good numbers”?

There are zero elite skill position players on the Broncos. 

He put up 1100 yards and 6 TDs with 4 different below average starting QBs in one season before tearing his ACL in 2020. I know a lot of people havent been paying close attention to DEN post-Manning, but Sutton is absolutely special. Its not really a hot take if you saw his trajectory.

I would say there is a very easy chance Sutton goes for 1400+ yards and 10+ TDs this year and is considered a top 10 WR by the end of the year.

Edited by AkronsWitness

4 hours ago, Duluther said:

He definitely has the potential. As does Williams at HB. They just need to stay healthy (Sutton) and reach this potential.

Wouldn’t entirely disagree, but having potential and proving it, is very different. I’d say there’s one or two WRs on almost every team that has Sutton-to-elite WR potential. 

• 3 months later...
On 6/6/2022 at 10:05 AM, CP3MVP said:

I was thinking about this yesterday, I think we can all agree that Josh Allen is now better than Russell Wilson currently even though Russ is still a top ten or so QB. The question I’m asking is, Is Josh Allen currently better than Russell ever was? Like whatever you consider Russell’s peak is(2018,2019, 2020 etc) would you take those versions of Wilson over Current Josh Allen? 

I was wrong about Russ still being a top ten QB. I would take current Allen over prime Russell

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DontTazeMeBro said:

Random thought that’s kind of relevant. I’ve been hearing for years that Russell Wilson has never gotten an MVP vote. Russell Wilson has never deserved an MVP vote.

Yeah there was no season where Russ was the best QB in the league 

19 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

As arguably the biggest Russ homer on this forum, JFA right now is a much better passer and runner than prime Russ was. It's not even really close.

The only thing Russ does better than anyone is the deep ball, but JFA does literally everything else better and is still a great deep ball passer himself.

Yeah- it's pretty clear now that Allen's peak is higher this year (and likely beyond), but would you all agree that his 2020 season was better than any season Wilson has had? I feel like his 2020 season gets forgotten about even though he was the 2nd best QB in the league that year only behind Rodgers who went nuclear. 

On 10/18/2022 at 10:31 AM, CP3MVP said:

I was wrong about Russ still being a top ten QB. I would take current Allen over prime Russell

I thought Allen's 2020 season rivaled any of Russ's previous seasons, but I did not foresee Russ taking such a big step backwards. Some of that is on coaching, but a lot of that is on him as well. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, swoosh said:

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being quoting a 4-month old post, how weird are we talking? 

Not sure what that has to do with anything? I opened the thread yesterday because I hardly spend time out of the Washington forum. It’s a stupid nonsensical post that has nothing to do with the topic at hand and something I’d more likely see on twitter than FF. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Not sure what that has to do with anything? I opened the thread yesterday because I hardly spend time out of the Washington forum. It’s a stupid nonsensical post that has nothing to do with the topic at hand and something I’d more likely see on twitter than FF. 

Well now you know you can read dumb **** anywhere 

• Like 1