NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

17 minutes ago, stl4life07 said:

It’s crazy how our Rams team trade away picks like it’s nothing to get guys they want but the Lakers (I’m assuming is your basketball team) is holding onto picks that are 5+yrs down the road so tight for a guy who could give them the best shot to win a title right now. Funny how being a fan in different sports are lol.

I'm a LeBron fan so wherever he plays, I'm a fan of. 

The Lakers are worried about getting burned and being bereft of talent after LeBron retires & they're left with AD year 13-14. They drafted Kobe/Magic so I get the belief that it's that easy to hit again in the draft, but as a top franchise in all of sports in a major media market, they shouldn't be concerned with lacking talent. They can attract FA's long after LeBron is gone. Give up the picks and stay in contender mode while you can. For every pick that hits in the teens there are 20 more James Young, Tyler Ennis, Noah Vonleh's.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Nets receive: Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder, 2023/2025/2027/2029 1st (PHX), 2024 1st (IND), 3 pick swaps 2024/2026/2028 (PHX)

Suns receive: Kevin Durant, Myles Turner

Pacers receive: DeAndre Ayton

Suns getting way too good of a deal here.

2 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Probably because they know once Lebron is gone they are going to be one of the worst teams in the league and that pick 5 years from now has a decent chance of being a high lottery pick.

I think it has more to do with the fact that the Lakers feel like they're bidding against themselves.

2 hours ago, DirtyDez said:

That’s basically what the Lakers traded for AD.  

Not really.  And the Lakers didn't get another quality starter thrown in for the hell of it.  I'd put the value of Ayton as Turner plus a protected FRP.  Let's call all the picks a wash even if I don't think so.  Brandon Ingram was a better player then Mikal Bridges is, and he was still on his rookie contract.  Josh Hart is probably comparable to Cameron Payne in terms of value.    There's really not a comparison for Lonzo Ball in this deal.

5 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I think it has more to do with the fact that the Lakers feel like they're bidding against themselves.

Except the Nets don't have to trade him. Despite what anyone says, Kyrie isn't going to sit out the rest of his prime because he didn't get his way. If I'm an owner (especially one with no 1st rd picks in the coming years) I'd rather play hardball than get pennies on the dollar in value.