NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

4 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

I think it’s a toss up between BKN and GSW. OKC ain’t in discussion which is crazy given what he was there. 

The lack of respect KD gets for his play in BKN and OKC is absurd. Dude has been unlucky has heck more than anything. 

What?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BigC421/ said:

Unlucky? Dude’s probably played with the greatest collection of talent threw his career as anyone in NBA history.  

What a young Harden along with one of the worst post season star performers in NBA history? That greatest collection of talent? 

1 hour ago, Kip Smithers said:

What a young Harden along with one of the worst post season star performers in NBA history? That greatest collection of talent? 

Curry, Thompson, Green, Westbrook, Harden(2), Irving, Allen,  Ibaka, Adams (Let’s not forget that Ibaka and Adams were both beasts at the time) Not to mention a pretty solid list of roll players like prime Rashad Lewis , Kevin Martin, Iggy, Reggie Jackson ect.  He’s had no shortage of talent around him at any point in his career 

Edited by BigC421/

3 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

Wait you think that there isnt a serious level of  disrespect on his name right now lol? 

We're barely a year on from most people saying he was the best player in the league after his playoff series vs. Milwaukee. What disrespect are you talking about?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

We're barely a year on from most people saying he was the best player in the league after his playoff series vs. Milwaukee. What disrespect are you talking about?

That’s my point, that gets forgotten and that was just a year ago. We just saw Steph win a championship lol and it’s being used to diminish what KD accomplished on the Warriors. Not to mention bringing up all the KD didn’t achieve nothing without Steph takes. So yeah, that disrespect. 

3 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

That’s my point, that gets forgotten and that was just a year ago. We just saw Steph win a championship lol and it’s being used to diminish what KD accomplished on the Warriors. Not to mention bringing up all the KD didn’t achieve nothing without Steph takes. So yeah, that disrespect. 

I don't see how any of that means he's being disrespected for his play in Brooklyn or OKC.

Like...sorry not sorry that Durant isn't getting drooled over after he got swept out of the playoffs. A lot happens in a year, and he couldn't keep his team from putting up a goose egg in the win column 2 months ago. When he was last relevant he was being praised beyond belief. "Unfortunately" for him he was just on a hilarious dumpster fire of a team, so he's not going to get a lot of praise. Just like LeBron. Just like Curry last year.

If your point is that Durant shouldn't be getting disrespected for his time with Golden State then you're about 6 years too late. All your points were about his time with GS even though you're saying that he's somehow being disrespected for his play in Brooklyn and OKC.

Still pretty much a unanimous top 5 player and was a close to unanimous top 3 player for his last 5 years in OKC. Most consider him a top 15 player ever. I don't see the disrespect TBH.

Edited by seminoles1
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, catcheryea said:

the second year of hayward's deal is a little scary but i'm still not totally against taking it on for charlotte's 1st next year

We don't have a 1st next year, that's one of the reasons we did the trade.

It would be Denver's first that gets moved.