NBA Offseason Thread: Durant will remain in Brooklyn

NYRaider

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm not sure Kyrie would cost much.  

They'd have to take on years of future salary to make a trade work. I don't think Brooklyn would want to do that. I'd rather just wait out Kyrie and try to negotiate a buyout.

2 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

For what? What did the FO do wrong? Not give Kyrie, a renown cancer unlike anything we've seen in the nba, majority ownership of the franchise?

Hey bro Kyrie’s given money to charities, what’ve you done? Not allowed to criticize him

Edited by amac

2 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I mean the Nets know Kyrie would be gone after this season, so they wouldn’t wanna lose him for nada. So leverage isn’t really there. 

I'd rather lose him for nothing and get cap flexibility than take on years of future salary for the 28th pick in 2025.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

I'd rather lose him for nothing and get cap flexibility than take on years of future salary for the 28th pick in 2025.

Westbrook and a pick incoming.

2 minutes ago, amac said:

Hey bro Kyrie’s given money to charities, what’ve you done? Not allowed to criticize him

Oh good to know I can't criticize him because he's donated to charity. 

I've donated to charity before, do I have to wait until its enough to be a huge tax write off to be able to criticize him?

1 minute ago, Kip Smithers said:

Lol bye man. 

I honestly don't know what that FO could have done more for Kyrie. They basically blew up their young roster to accommodate Durant and Irving, they gave their buddy Deandre Jordan like $40 mil just to make them happy, they fired Kenny Atkinson because Irving didn't like him, they traded for a 3rd star in Harden by mortgaging everything to help the trio win.  It isn't the FO fault that Irving just decided not to play basketball last year. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

They'd have to take on years of future salary to make a trade work. I don't think Brooklyn would want to do that. I'd rather just wait out Kyrie and try to negotiate a buyout.

I mean if you're going to do that then just flip him for Westbrook and do the buyout right now.  Or hell, throw in a 2nd round pick and just reroute Westbrook to OKC. 

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

I mean if you're going to do that then just flip him for Westbrook and do the buyout right now.  Or hell, throw in a 2nd round pick and just reroute Westbrook to OKC. 

I'd rather do that than take on the contract of THJ or Davis Bertans.

4 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

This actually makes sense considering Kyrie will do anything to get to LAL.