Official 2023 QB Thread

NYRaider

1 hour ago, seminoles1 said:

Stroud really not going to declare?

The only reason he wouldn't is if he can't get over the fact he has never beaten Michigan, never been to a conference championship game, and never won a playoff game.

Next year, he likely has a stronger QB class to contend with and, as mentioned, he will lose a lot of money, even with a top-tier NIL deal.

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

The only reason he wouldn't is if he can't get over the fact he has never beaten Michigan, never been to a conference championship game, and never won a playoff game.

Next year, he likely has a stronger QB class to contend with and, as mentioned, he will lose a lot of money, even with a top-tier NIL deal.

Outside of Caleb Williams, who would be drafted over Stroud? 

Location is also something Stroud may take into consideration. If he can land an NIL deal and go win a championship next year - then who's to say it won't be worth it? Sure theres a risk of injury - but why live your life in fear? Tua still got drafted top 5 having hip replacement surgery 5-6 months prior to the draft. 

I'm still scratching my head at scouts in the league considering Levis as a top 5 prospect here. I think Stroud is the best QB in this class and if he drops bc of the "ohio state QB" history - they are all dumb to scout a school, not the player (pat mahomes at texas tech says thank you to the chiefs)

2 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Outside of Caleb Williams, who would be drafted over Stroud? 

Location is also something Stroud may take into consideration. If he can land an NIL deal and go win a championship next year - then who's to say it won't be worth it? Sure theres a risk of injury - but why live your life in fear? Tua still got drafted top 5 having hip replacement surgery 5-6 months prior to the draft. 

I'm still scratching my head at scouts in the league considering Levis as a top 5 prospect here. I think Stroud is the best QB in this class and if he drops bc of the "ohio state QB" history - they are all dumb to scout a school, not the player (pat mahomes at texas tech says thank you to the chiefs)

Possibly Drake Maye.  So he could be fighting with two prospects for that top spot instead of just one.

There's no way that just the money will be worth it, but he may hold a championship as enough to make up the difference.

14 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

I am. I think Young is a more dynamic passer than Murray and Young seems to have the better mentality/IQ/work ethic than Kyler. 

There was a reason the Cardinals originally put a "work ethic" clause in his contract and the woke media forced them into removing it. 

Was that an actual concern coming out? I know he had baseball during the offseasons, but we're there work ethic concerns?

You complaining about "woke" is just as bad, so let's drop that.

12 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Was that an actual concern coming out? I know he had baseball during the offseasons, but we're there work ethic concerns?

You complaining about "woke" is just as bad, so let's drop that.

I mean there is a reason an organization put that clause in his deal - he plays great for 7 weeks then falls off a cliff come november lol. 

Just now, seminoles1 said:

I'm talking about as a prospect, not 4 years after he was drafted.

Pretty sure the baseball thing was a concern. He was only drafted bc of Kliff Kingsbury #1 - not bc he was clearly the best player in the draft but looks like Leadership skills and personality were a concern, per link below. So it was called out somewhere. 

There were also not many preseaon writeups/scouting reports bc Murray was 100% committed to joining the A's. Going pro to the NFL was a last minute decision in the NFL timeline. 

WalterFootball.com: 2019 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Kyler Murray

1 minute ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

He looks good - but I can't see him going ahead of stroud. Made some big throws this year but super inconsistent against Oregon 

Stroud also had games this year where he was very inconsistent.

Point being that right now, all 3 of those QBs would be legitimately jockeying for top spot in the 2024 draft if they all declared for it.  So Stroud would have more competition than just Bryce.