Official 2023 QB Thread

NYRaider

On 12/28/2022 at 6:43 PM, Trojan said:

I am almost certain Josh McDaniels is drafting Anthony Richardson as his second first round pick quarterback number 15 from Florida. It's the Madden lab creation tools project an ego maniac "QB whisperer" would want to try his hand at. All those Tebow and Cam Newton plays he designed he gets to fiddle with again. He gets the rocket arm and the dazzling runs. He'll think he can tweak mechanics and develop accuracy and it's happening. I can't see him passing with benching Carr. I think he's crazy enough to take him over the others regardless of where the Raiders are picking, but I think realistically we take him as the 3rd or 4th QB and it won't be quite as controversial.

And I'm here for it.

On 12/29/2022 at 9:54 PM, Superduperman said:

do you have any specific info to that effect?

I led off by saying "i don't know why." if you have anything to offer besides sarcasm, please enlighten me

He's not being sarcastic. Prospects get feedback from the College Advisory Committee before making a decision to enter the draft.

17 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

CC: @ET80 and other Texans fans

I’ve been driving the Bryce bus since that Alabama/UT game. This is the easiest decision to be made, Bust for Bryce. I don’t know much about Stichen, but I do know Nick Caserio liked the structure and culture with Philadelphia - which is why Jonathan Gannon was a finalist for the role last season.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2022 at 7:53 PM, General Tso said:

What would it take for Stroud to overtake Young? Does he have to ball out and win the chip?

On 12/29/2022 at 9:43 PM, Daniel said:

Winning against Georgia should do it.

Coming damn close ought to put him in the convo though.

• Like 2

On 12/30/2022 at 10:38 AM, RedandPewterReturns said:

I really don't know what folks see in Will Levis outside of Athleticism and arm strength.....his weaknesses to me are questionable to fix. 

From this perspective so were Josh Allens...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, General Tso said:

To be fair, Allen still turns over the ball a lot. He just more than makes up for it.

I'm in no way shape or form saying one is the other.  But Allen had great arm talent and athletic ability.  He could throw a strawberry through a battleship, but he couldn't buy the battleship.  It CAN be taught.  Takes time. 

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

Josh Allen won games in college too.

??? wyoming went 8-6 and 8-5 in allen's 2 seasons starting. kentucky went 10-3 and 7-6 in levis' 2 seasons starting. i don't love levis as a prospect but there's no meaningful difference there