Official 2023 QB Thread

NYRaider

55 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

QB's to accept Senior Bowl invites so far:

Jake Haener
Clayton Tune
Tyson Bagent

The biggest news so far in regards to the Senior Bowl is that this years Punt God, Bryce Baringer, has accepted an invite.

Devon Witherspoon accepted as well. I'll be watching him like a Hawk with robot eyes.

The Senior Bowl list looks particularly stacked this year.

Not at QB, but in general.  I'm very eager to start my yearly tradition of falling in love with a mediocre prospect who has a great week.

5 hours ago, jrry32 said:

Really, really dumb decision imo.

He's been getting criminally underranked in the rankings we're seeing coming out though.  Maybe he thinks another strong season pushes him up a couple rounds.

But yeah, he'll be competing with some tough guys next season, so if the NFL isn't impressed yet, I don't know that they get there.

But Oregon has a lot of young talent too.  He may just be after a CFP berth.

On 12/19/2022 at 1:53 AM, jrry32 said:

Really, really dumb decision imo.

Seconded.

Young and Stroud are clearly the top 2. Levis is probably still QB3 for now, but workouts could make or break him. 

Richardson is in a similar boat as Levis. 

A strong pre-Draft could've possibly put Nix into QB3/4 contention or possibly a late 1st/early 2nd (we see things like that happen all the time). 

I don't see the point in going back. It's likely to be a stronger class next year and I have difficulty seeing Nix replicate what was a pretty strong year. I get wanting to gamble on oneself, but this year seems like the better year to do so, imo. 

• Like 1

I am almost certain Josh McDaniels is drafting Anthony Richardson as his second first round pick quarterback number 15 from Florida. It's the Madden lab creation tools project an ego maniac "QB whisperer" would want to try his hand at. All those Tebow and Cam Newton plays he designed he gets to fiddle with again. He gets the rocket arm and the dazzling runs. He'll think he can tweak mechanics and develop accuracy and it's happening. I can't see him passing with benching Carr. I think he's crazy enough to take him over the others regardless of where the Raiders are picking, but I think realistically we take him as the 3rd or 4th QB and it won't be quite as controversial.