Official 2023 QB Thread

NYRaider

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I agree with this take. 

Yeah.  Richardson looks like a QB that isn't there yet, but has flashes of fantastic play, and is an elite athlete.  Jefferson looks like an elite athlete that just happens to be lining up at QB, kinda like when you watch DBs play in high school when they're all playing QB.

14 hours ago, General Tso said:

Thompson-Robinson is someone I'd want the Lions to look at late just as a backup with potential.

I thought I saw somewhere that he was returning to school.

Just now, Daniel said:

Yeah.  Richardson looks like a QB that isn't there yet, but has flashes of fantastic play, and is an elite athlete.  Jefferson looks like an elite athlete that just happens to be lining up at QB, kinda like when you watch DBs play in high school when they're all playing QB.

Right? Good college QB, but reminds me of what Jerod Evans was at VT. 

On 12/31/2022 at 12:39 PM, ET80 said:

I’ve been driving the Bryce bus since that Alabama/UT game. This is the easiest decision to be made, Bust for Bryce. I don’t know much about Stichen, but I do know Nick Caserio liked the structure and culture with Philadelphia - which is why Jonathan Gannon was a finalist for the role last season.

I am so sorry.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Who is QB1?

I go back and forth between Bryce and Stroud but Bryce is QB1 for me right now, and likely will stay that way. I do wish he was taller.. but he has everything you want, elite play extension, great arm, great ball placement, can throw with anticipation. Stroud’s play extension is just ok (but way better than what we are use to as Raider fans), great arm, good ball placement, is pretty meh at throwing with anticipation. But Stroud is 6’3” which is very appealing compared to Young’s 5’11” 1/2. 

Young is my QB1 though. He is ELECTRIC. If dude was 6’3” he’s the #1 player in the draft with everyone and their mama trying to trade up. 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:
On 12/31/2022 at 1:39 PM, ET80 said:

I’ve been driving the Bryce bus since that Alabama/UT game. This is the easiest decision to be made, Bust for Bryce. I don’t know much about Stichen, but I do know Nick Caserio liked the structure and culture with Philadelphia - which is why Jonathan Gannon was a finalist for the role last season.

I am so sorry.

Last time the Texans had their pick of a player at a position, they picked Derek Stingley over Sauce Gardner. Maybe the Texans need the QB class whittled down a bit before they make a selection, so they don't hurt themselves. Y'know... slide *** backwards into the right guy.

Go ...CJ Stroud? Go ...Anthony Richardson?

(Or... go Will Anderson, so the Bears stand pat and select Anderson at 1.1).

On 1/8/2023 at 5:36 PM, ET80 said:

Last time the Texans had their pick of a player at a position, they picked Derek Stingley over Sauce Gardner. Maybe the Texans need the QB class whittled down a bit before they make a selection, so they don't hurt themselves. Y'know... slide *** backwards into the right guy.

Go ...CJ Stroud? Go ...Anthony Richardson?

(Or... go Will Anderson, so the Bears stand pat and select Anderson at 1.1).

Watch the Texans take Will Levis at #2. The whole forum will laugh in unison....

Just now, Daniel said:

I mean, ideally both franchises, but if we're picking which one I want to see burned to the ground in permanent QB purgatory, it's the Colts fo sho.

LOL... Okay.

Just a side note. I know that Kiper is a joke at this point, but he has Will Levis as his QB1..... That is more than being a joke. The general consensus on this forum has Young and Stroud as the top 2 QBs, and a gap between them and the rest. I won't judge anyone that likes Levis and has him as QB3. But how can anyone have Levis as QB1 after watching the Tennessee game this year?

AND Stroud torched Georgia's defense, while Levis scored a grand total of 6 points against them.

Just now, Steins Gate said:

LOL... Okay.

Just a side note. I know that Kiper is a joke at this point, but he has Will Levis as his QB1..... That is more than being a joke. The general consensus on this forum has Young and Stroud as the top 2 QBs, and a gap between them and the rest. I won't judge anyone that likes Levis and has him as QB3. But how can anyone have Levis as QB1 after watching the Tennessee game this year?

AND Stroud torched Georgia's defense, while Levis scored a grand total of 6 points against them.

Man, I went into this season with Levis on my list of QBs to watch.  I watched him against Florida, I watched him against Tennessee, and I watched him against Ole Miss, and I just can't see why this dude is even considered a Day 2 prospect.  Like, the more I watched him, the less I thought he was a viable QB.  I really can't wrap my head around it.

Before anyone takes this opinion too far, I will bold the following myself: I've been wrong on plenty of QBs, and I'm just an amateur dude on a football forum, so I might be completely wrong on this, but other than the fact that he has a big arm, I see nothing of value in this guy.  He's not got great accuracy, his decision-making is awful, he doesn't seem to have a great pocket presence, and he brings no ability to run.

Most damning of all, Kentucky supposedly has this great QB, but they run the ball all the time.  He only passed for more than 250 yards in what, 2 games?  If you're a pure pocket passer, I expect you to have at least a few games where you're slinging it.

And sure, Tennessee has an underrated defense, but that doesn't mean it's great.  Spencer Rattler took it apart, but Levis threw 3 INTs and barely even attempted to throw passes past the marker on third down the entire game.  The only teams that Tennessee played all season who got dominated like that by the defense were Akron (2-10 in the MAC), and Vanderbilt coming off of the season ending SC loss.

And Kentucky even had the luxury of being in a perfect trap game scenario.  Tennessee had just beaten ALABAMA, and had Georgia the following week.

When you have a performance that bad, and no games to show for it on the other side, I don't see how anyone, with any semblance of a brain, can possibly call you a first rounder.  Especially when you're not even the toolsiest QB.

I sincerely can't think of a first rounder with a poorer resume at the QB position, ever.

• Like 2

I liked Levis going into the season.  What worries me is that he never puts the team on his shoulders and carry them to victory.  Accuracy can be fixed.  Not so much if they do not have that spark.  Tomlin has been quoted saying " I would rather tell a quarterback to whoa then gitty-up."   I think Levis will need to be told to gitty-up and that might not make it in the NFL.