2023 NBA Draft Discussion Thread

Texansfan713

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Wemby on the Spurs...that's a fantastic fit if they can get a real PG. Have a great two-way wing duo (if Vassell can stay healthy) and multiple other young players who can fit into important roles.

Just gotta get that PG. Tre Jones is...fine, but not good enough. That PG isn't available this year in free agency.

Let's be honest, they don't have much of anything besides Vic right now.  They're missing much more than a real PG.

4 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Let's be honest, they don't have much of anything besides Vic right now.  They're missing much more than a real PG.

I'm being honest. They have a really good, young two-way wing duo in Keldon Johnson and Devin Vassell. They're stretched as top dawgs on an offense, but if Victor becomes as good as advertised, then they'll be fantastic support.

I'm not saying they're full of talent, but they have 2 young pieces in place with other young players who have shown potential.

2 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

I'm being honest. They have a really good, young two-way wing duo in Keldon Johnson and Devin Vassell. They're stretched as top dawgs on an offense, but if Victor becomes as good as advertised, then they'll be fantastic support.

I'm not saying they're full of talent, but they have 2 young pieces in place with other young players who have shown potential.

Keldon Johnson was pretty bad last year. Vassell shows some promise but has given us no reason to think he's some special talent as of now. And we don't really know anything about Sochan at this point. NBA rookies are so bad that it's hard to know what make of him.

24 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Least talented roster definitely, but I think this is the kind of thing that might get Pop to stay around. He seems like the type that totally could coach until he drops, especially considering what sadly happened with his wife.

Greg Pop sucks at this point dude is old asl too. Needed KD to carry him to barely beat Rudy Gobert in olympics. 

2 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Keldon Johnson was pretty bad last year. Vassell shows some promise but has given us no reason to think he's some special talent as of now. And we don't really know anything about Sochan at this point. NBA rookies are so bad that it's hard to know what make of him.

He was bad because he was stretched thin as the top scorer. He's not that kind of player.

I never said these guys were special. I said they are a great wing duo, which they are. If Wemby is the superstar, then they are the perfect wing duo to support him with solid defense and 3P shooting.

Sochan is a mystery, but he and Branham both showed potential to fit important roles on a good team.

22 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Wemby on the Spurs...that's a fantastic fit if they can get a real PG. Have a great two-way wing duo (if Vassell can stay healthy) and multiple other young players who can fit into important roles.

Just gotta get that PG. Tre Jones is...fine, but not good enough. That PG isn't available this year in free agency.

What PG would fit best in Pop’s system? Would Trae Young work?

14 minutes ago, malak1 said:

What PG would fit best in Pop’s system? Would Trae Young work?

I think Pop would attempt to kill Trae. And Trae would hilariously try to get Pop fired for holding him accountable to anything.

• Like 4