2023 NBA Draft Discussion Thread

Texansfan713

1 hour ago, Kampfgeist said:

I'm okay if they ultimately settle on Miller.    Unlimited range and a good fit with Melo for sure.   We desperately need a good scoring wing even with the fn asshat Miles Bridges coming back and Hayward for one more season.     I think Miller settles in as a Mikal Bridges in Brooklyn type player and I'll take average D w a 26.1 4.5 2.7 statline

I actually think Henderson and Ball will fit as well.   They are already running with Terry Rozier and LaMelo Ball and Scoot is (or will be) a vastly superior player to Rozier.   TR has averaged 16, 16.4 and 18.9 shots per game over the last three years so it's not like Scoot would be limited in opportunities on ball.   Ja Morant and Shai Gilgeous have proven you don't need to be a sharpshooter from deep to be an All-NBA level guard

It can work but Scoot is going to need to become a better shooter. Rozier can operate better off the ball and is a MUCH better catch and shoot shooter. But I always believe in talent being able to figure it out so I am not saying this will fail. Just think if the Hornets rate Miller/Henderson even or similarly, then fit wise Miller could be the pick. Hornets should be fine with either guy. 

45 minutes ago, General Tso said:

Who is available that would be, that fits Dame's timeline? It's pretty rough out there.

Then you don't trade it. I get the GM is saying he wants to do right by Dame, but I doubt he'd trade the pick for 50 cents on the dollar just to get OG Anuboby and some scraps.

I don't know who would be available. If I'm trading with Toronto, it's Pascal + 13 or bust, not OG Anunoby.

• Like 2

Feels like Dame is holding the franchise hostage. I get the Blazers want to be loyal and trade Dame when he requests it but both parties need to recognize it's still a business. I also find it hard to say the Blazers would screw over Dame by trading him despite all they have done for him. It goes both ways. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

People think Brandon Miller sucks?

He's a 6'8 wing with 3 point range & the size/athleticism to match up with the superstar wings in the league. I absolutely see why he is getting top 3 buzz.

I thought teams were spooked that he could be implicated as an accessory in a murder case, or is he in the clear?

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Well yeah. He seems like an epic piece of trash, but as a player he’s good. 

Yeah, not going to speak on his off the court stuff. But as a player I think he can be a better version of Rudy Gay or Danny Granger level of player.

6 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah, not going to speak on his off the court stuff. But as a player I think he can be a better version of Rudy Gay or Danny Granger level of player.

I saw a Paul George comp and think it makes sense. A less freak version, but s 6’8 dude who had SG skills is rare. 

1. Spurs: Victor Wembanyama | FC | France

2. Hornets: Brandon Miller | F | Alabama

3. Blazers: Amen Thompson | GF | OTE

4. Rockets: Scoot Henderson | PG | G-League

5. Pistons: Jarace Walker | F | Houston

6. Magic: Ausar Thompson | GF | OTE

7. Pacers: Cam Whitmore | F | Villanova

8. Wizards: Cason Wallace | PG | Kentucky

9. Jazz: Taylor Hendricks | F | UCF

10. Mavericks: Gradey D!ck | GF | Kansas

11. Magic (via CHI): Anthony Black | GF | Arkansas

12. Thunder: GG Jackson | F | South Carolina

13. Raptors: Kobe Bufkin | CG | Michigan

14. Pelicans: Jordan Hawkins | GF | UConn

15. Hawks: Leonard Miller | F | G-League

16. Jazz: Bilal Coulibaly | GF | France

17. Lakers: Nick Smith Jr | CG | Arkansas

18. Heat: Jalen Hood-Schifino | CG | Indiana

19. Warriors: Dereck Lively II | C | Duke

20. Rockets (via LAC): Jett Howard | GF | Michigan

21. Nets (via PHX): Keyonte George | CG | Baylor

22. Nets: Rayan Rupert | GF | New Zealand

23. Blazers (via NYK): Kris Murray | F | Iowa 

24. Kings: Brice Sensabaugh | F | Ohio State

25. Grizzles: James Nnaji | C | Spain 

26. Pacers (via CLE): Dariq Whitehead | GF | Duke

27. Hornets (via DEN): Trayce Jackson-Davis | F | Indiana

28. Jazz (via PHI): Marcus Sasser | PG | Houston

29. Pacers (via BOS): Noah Clowney | FC | Alabama

30. Clippers (via MIL): Maxwell Lewis | GF | Pepperdine 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

This makes a lot of sense actually. He can play the 3 & can allow Lillard to play off the ball.

I think Sharpe/Amen can play with Dame now and they'd give the Blazers a dynamic wing duo to build around if they decide to rebuild.