2023 NBA Draft Discussion Thread

Texansfan713

Im starting to warm up to Amen Thompson at pick 4 if we dont trade the pick.  The hope is to add shooters this offseason to make the transition to the league smooth for him while he develop his jumpshot.  He would be able to kick it out to the shooters while forcing defenses to try to stop him going to the rim.  Also, I'm hoping Idoka hires that Celtics assistant coach that help develop Derrick White's jump shot. 

Edited by Texansfan713

someone explain why there was 6 months of conversation on what detroit should do with the 2nd pick and the general consensus was they should just take the best player and figure out the 3 guard thing, but everyone just sort of agrees charlotte will take miller because they already have lamelo

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

someone explain why there was 6 months of conversation on what detroit should do with the 2nd pick and the general consensus was they should just take the best player and figure out the 3 guard thing, but everyone just sort of agrees charlotte will take miller because they already have lamelo

Cause of this guy:

Michael Jordan - Wikipedia

5 minutes ago, catcheryea said:

I think the Hornets are closer to competing now. A healthy Hornets team, assuming they hit on some FA's and their #2 overall pick, are gonna be really tough.

PG: Ball/Maledon
SG: Rozier/Bouknight
SF: Miller/Oubre
PF: Washington/Hayward
C- Williams/Richards

That's a good squad on paper, especially if you believe in Miller & if they can stay healthy. Detroit's roster construction makes no sense & needs a total makeover. They have some good individual players, but they're overloaded at certain positions to the point of absurdity.

7 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I think the Hornets are closer to competing now. A healthy Hornets team, assuming they hit on some FA's and their #2 overall pick, are gonna be really tough.

C- Williams/Richards

That's a good squad on paper, especially if you believe in Miller & if they can stay healthy. Detroit's roster construction makes no sense & needs a total makeover. They have some good individual players, but they're overloaded at certain positions to the point of absurdity.

"a good squad on paper" with rozier and bouknight as your 2 guards

come-on-now-snl.gif

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

C- Williams/Richards

Dude that team blows.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

C- Williams/Richards

That's a good squad on paper...

That right there is the #9 seed who loses in the first play in game.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

C- Williams/Richards

Isn't Oubre a free agent?  What's the chances he resign with the Hornets?

5 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

I wouldnt mind him in Houston TBH.

Getting Oubre is great.   Getting Ewwbre can be tough to watch.    Pleasantly surprised with him as a culture fit though, been a great teammate and total professional here in Charlotte for the last two years.  Whether playing for playoff contention or suffering through this past year's injuries he comes to play and doesn't complain about his role whether he was starting or coming in off the bench for the games Hayward was actually healthy.  I sort of expected him to be a cancer when we signed him but he's got my respect.   Definitely not just in it to boost his numbers and try to get a big deal elsewhere.   His shooting % didn't reflect it this year but while everyone was healthy and he just had to fill a role he was taking great shots and not just chucking like he tends to do 

9 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

C- Williams/Richards

I won't lose any sleep if we end up with Miller.  I prefer Scoot and don't agree with anyone he won't fit with Ball.

We get Miles Bridges back this year too.   Hate the douchebag but he's a fringe All-Star and incredible athlete.   My understanding is we can't sign and trade him during the draft but I'd love to package him for a dude I don't mind cheering for at some point.    However, we were 9th in pace of play this year - the idea of getting so much faster with Ball, Scoot and Bridges running the floor would be so fun if nothing else- maddening to defend.

PG Ball/Scoot/DSJ

SG Rozier/Scoot/Cody Martin/Bouknight   (Scoot becomes starter after we ship Rozier at deadline)

SF Hayward/Bridges/Oubre or McGowans -----  More likely a vet addition via draft day trade

PF Bridges/Washington/ JT Thor

C Williams/Richards/Kai Jones

We also have #27, 34, 39 and 41 in the draft and we aren't taking 5 young dudes so I see packaging to move up or more likely moving picks for a veteran wing.   Obviously there's been no reason for people to watch the Hornets recently, but ya'll need to wake up to Mark Williams.  He's going to be an All-NBA defensive talent someday soon.   Huge difference maker when he began getting minutes mid season and can run the floor with our pace.    Still in that phase of fighting for 6-10 seed but gathering some real talent for 2-3 yrs down the road