What are the best Comedy Films you have seen?

Ozzy

After watching them again the last few days, I originally said Austin Powers 1 was the best out of the three, but now I would say Austin Powers 2 (The Spy Who Shagged Me) is by far the best Austin Powers movie!   Mini-Me is a huge addition, Fat Bastard is amazingly funny and Seth Green is by far funnier in the 2nd than the 1st.  

64fc4d34-688f-4aab-bded-4a23774bbfbf_tex

Those three movies though combined, hard to find any comedy with three very solid films and all are pretty damn funny.  Sure Dumb and Dumber and Anchorman sequels were not awful but there was not a 3rd.  Not to mention Mike Myers has Wayne's World as well, and Wayne's World 2 is very good just like the first.  

On 7/7/2022 at 8:27 AM, skywindO2 said:

Office Space holds up incredibly well. 

Agreed it is solid.

Tommy Boy I might have underrated, had it always in my top 5 but honestly not sure if it is that far away from my #1.  Watched it a little on TV last night and it is constant funny, a few serious scenes but it is line after line, funny scene after funny scene.  If one was to count the funny scenes and lines in that film it would be easily hundred or more.  Chris Farley and David Spade are simply classic.  

Also adding Scary Movie in the mix, very funny film that has some good bits, Scary Movie 2 has some great scenes but top to bottom not nearly as consistent as Scary Movie 1.  

Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood, hilarious film and adding that also, real sleeper but a great parody movie!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, adamq said:

Freddy Got Fingered.. holy hell thats a classic 

I would say Road Trip and Stealing Harvard where funnier movies with Tom Green.  None are classics though in my view, just not consistently funny enough start to finish but ok for a few laughs.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

I would say Road Trip and Stealing Harvard where funnier movies with Tom Green.  None are classics though in my view, just not consistently funny enough start to finish but ok for a few laughs.  

Road Trip is a good one, but Ive never seen Stealinf Harvard. For whatever reason Tom Green really hits my funny bone.. awkward, weird nonsense is definitely in my lane. I still chuckle whenever I see a Le Baron in the wild.

• 1 month later...

Watched Uncle Buck in full for the first time this weekend, pretty solid comedy I must say, not a great one but would make the list.  Macaulay Culkin is pretty funny in it as well but why not it is right around those Home Alone days, actually was one year before which is impressive, showed that one line ability for the first time in Uncle Buck.  

• 2 months later...
On 6/29/2022 at 11:16 AM, Bullet Club said:

Things I haven't seen posted yet:

Game Night

Kung Pow

Yes Man

Forgetting Sarah Marshall

Grown Ups 2 (in a so bad it's hilarious way)

Love Forgetting Sarah Marshall. 

Wedding Crashers, Role Models, I Love You Man, Superbad, Dumb and Dumber are probably my top 5. Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Tommy Boy 6-7.