General Talk

DoleINGout

On 11/6/2020 at 8:25 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

@Deadpulse @Starless @The Third Rider

I don't expect you to know the answers, but I'd like you to give me your best shot 

1. Why has Anfernee jennings not been given a chance yet? 

2. Why has Winovich, who we all seem to have been impressed with early season, had his snaps drastically cut. Not sure if true, but apparently he only had 5 snaps vs Bills?

3. What is your take on why we haven't used our new TEs at all. To me it seems very deliberate, and even when one has been on the field, he hasn't been targeted. I think they have 1 target between them?

4. How could we address the inefficient front 7 in terms of run defense? 

I am not sure i am the best person to answer these questions. DoleINGout gave a good answer though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Has he? I can never find him on the field. How much has he played? Has he played well?

First game he got opportunity it was positive. From there on it has been just too much for him on certain coverage assignments and it has affected the rest of his play. Rookie thrust into too big of a role to handle basically early and as a result has seen his snaps shrink in the last 2-3 games.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Man football has never made me this sad being a die hard Patriots fan and supporting Tom Brady over in Tampa. It's just so sad to watch man I can understand our teams losses we had no cap space had some key opt outs we literally lost our whole linebacking core which was one of the best last year, and we don't really have a #1 Wide Reciever or Tight End at the moment. But man it's hard to watch Tom get put through that clown of Coach Bruce Arians system he deserves so much better than a guy who thinks the only way to win games is by chucking the ball deep every play. I was sad to watch Tom leave because I've lived in Boston my whole life and I grew up with Tom Brady as my QB and I've always despite how others portray him loved Bill Belichik as a coach, I would never take any coach over Bill Belichik in the history of football I'm so glad we have him. But then to see Tom with that awful coaching staff just makes me so angry like if you can't understand that there are routes that you can run within 10 yards to get the ball out quickly when you're QB is getting pressured then I don't know what to say. Like honestly Tom as QB we'd be at least 7-3, and he has all that talent over in Tampa and they are 7-4 simply because of coaching. We'd wipe the floor with that Saints team with Belichik/Brady bro like we beat them bad 3 years ago when they were a better team. I just feel so sad right now man watching Tom play I want him to do well man he's the reason I started watching and playing football as a kid and watching him too bad hurts just as much as watching us likely not make the playoffs for the first time in forever. 

Honestly wish he'd of stayed man, just hate seeing Brady struggle and my Pats struggle man. To think we'd be much better with both of them. Last year with Tom we won 12 games with no run game and a receiving core that was just as bad so I can confidently say that with Tom still here and a running game like this we'd win 12 games again. As if 2020 wasn't bad enough the one thing growing up that I always knew I had was football and watching the New England Patriots play. Now we don't even have that man.

I really hope Brady can find a way to overcome the incompetency of his coaching staff, and win himself #7.

10 hours ago, JohnCena said:

Man football has never made me this sad being a die hard Patriots fan and supporting Tom Brady over in Tampa. It's just so sad to watch man I can understand our teams losses we had no cap space had some key opt outs we literally lost our whole linebacking core which was one of the best last year, and we don't really have a #1 Wide Reciever or Tight End at the moment. But man it's hard to watch Tom get put through that clown of Coach Bruce Arians system he deserves so much better than a guy who thinks the only way to win games is by chucking the ball deep every play. I was sad to watch Tom leave because I've lived in Boston my whole life and I grew up with Tom Brady as my QB and I've always despite how others portray him loved Bill Belichik as a coach, I would never take any coach over Bill Belichik in the history of football I'm so glad we have him. But then to see Tom with that awful coaching staff just makes me so angry like if you can't understand that there are routes that you can run within 10 yards to get the ball out quickly when you're QB is getting pressured then I don't know what to say. Like honestly Tom as QB we'd be at least 7-3, and he has all that talent over in Tampa and they are 7-4 simply because of coaching. We'd wipe the floor with that Saints team with Belichik/Brady bro like we beat them bad 3 years ago when they were a better team. I just feel so sad right now man watching Tom play I want him to do well man he's the reason I started watching and playing football as a kid and watching him too bad hurts just as much as watching us likely not make the playoffs for the first time in forever. 

Honestly wish he'd of stayed man, just hate seeing Brady struggle and my Pats struggle man. To think we'd be much better with both of them. Last year with Tom we won 12 games with no run game and a receiving core that was just as bad so I can confidently say that with Tom still here and a running game like this we'd win 12 games again. As if 2020 wasn't bad enough the one thing growing up that I always knew I had was football and watching the New England Patriots play. Now we don't even have that man.

I really hope Brady can find a way to overcome the incompetency of his coaching staff, and win himself #7.

agree 100 but as they say in tampa, it's a bucs life. he knew what he was getting into with that franchise.

13 hours ago, JohnCena said:

It is certainly a strange year for football. I really hate seeing the way things have gone this year so far for the Patriots. I am still hopeful to see some players develop and step up and show that there is hope for the future. There have been a few positives but not enough but with cap improving for next I still think we are only a few players away.

As for other teams and former Patriots that are on them: If it was their choice to leave then I don't really care how things go for them. I am a Patriots fan and watching other teams play is just something to do. If a team wins or loses, or if this a player looks good or bad, it doesn't really matter to me. I never wished anything bad on Bledsoe when he left but I didn't suddenly become a Bills fan either, so I'm not going to do it for any other player. Especially the ones that left because they wanted more money or for what ever reason by their own free will. 

On 11/26/2020 at 2:54 PM, Hunter2_1 said:

Brady is pissing me off with his walking off without handshake. It's not a huge deal, but he IS happy to shake hands when he wins, and it's getting boring keep hearing about it everywhere. He should just reluctantly shake the hand and move on.

How long until a critical mass of Patriots fans get past the denial stage and come to terms with the fact that he's a PoS?

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Starless said:

How long until a critical mass of Patriots fans get past the denial stage and come to terms with the fact that he's a PoS?

I disagree with this. He might several thing such as weird, anal,  moody however he's not a POS..  I consider Greg Hardy, Jack Tatum, Darren Sharper, and Richie Incognito POS  and Brady is far being in that group.

IMO he been more than you can ask for from a superstar. No drugs, arrest, and is a family man. When you stand on top of the mountain, many line up to push him off.

Can we get Flowers on the cheap!

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, m haynes said:

I disagree with this. He might several thing such as weird, anal,  moody however he's not a POS..  I consider Greg Hardy, Jack Tatum, Darren Sharper, and Richie Incognito POS  and Brady is far being in that group.

IMO he been more than you can ask for from a superstar. No drugs, arrest, and is a family man. When you stand on top of the mountain, many line up to push him off.

There's more than one way to be a PoS. 

15 hours ago, Starless said:

He's not a PoS. That's far too harsh. Not sure what else he does wrong apart from that particular thing, and that's easily attributal to being a terrible loser who loses control when he doesn't win. They'd be a lot of PoS in the world if that made him one.

• Like 2