General Talk

DoleINGout

The Chargers game was just a complete coaching miss match. They didn't even send out the right personnel on the field on several occasions.

You are not going to win when your team can't execute the most basic of formations. Unless you fall under that same category I would not be that scared of the Patriots. At the end of the day the Pats are a very flawed team with very glaring holes that can be exploited assuming you have the right personnel and scheme (just look at the 49ers game).

2 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

So, who are the Patriots this year?

They've looked good beating the Raiders and Ravens, bad losing to the Texans and Broncos, mediocre barely beating the Jets, solid in playing the Bills so close, awful getting beat down by the Niners, and unbelievable blowing out the Chargers last week. 

I'm thinking loss for the Rams Thursday, because we have struggled offensively against Belichick, Patricia, Judge and Flores over the past three seasons. Our special teams are also the worst in the NFL, probably by a decent margin.

On paper we should win, but it feels like a "bad Goff" game coming, coupled with some special teams plays that will allow the Patriots to get a win while accumulating only 250 yards of offense.

I hope I'm wrong, but honestly, it probably doesn't matter to the Rams. We'll be in the playoffs either way, and our best case is probably the 3 seed - and either way, win or lose, unless Seattle drops another game, our game with them in week 16 will decide the division so we have to win that one regardless of the outcome Thursday.

All Rams fans would love to exercise that demon, but what the Patriots just did on our home field yesterday is terrifying.

I think they're a team that took a long time to figure itself out. They've been so chaotic this season because they had such an insane amount of turnover and a shortened offseason to get the new players evaluated and establish roles for them. 

One thing is clear: They need to be able to run the ball to win games. If I'm the Rams (or any subsequent opponent), I sell out to stop the run and dare Cam and that subpar receiving corps to beat me through the air. The problem is that for some teams that takes them out of their element on defense because they're used to playing from ahead. You basically have to defend the Pats as though you're playing from behind until you have at least a 2-score lead. 

3 hours ago, FrantikRam said:

So, who are the Patriots this year?

They've looked good beating the Raiders and Ravens, bad losing to the Texans and Broncos, mediocre barely beating the Jets, solid in playing the Bills so close, awful getting beat down by the Niners, and unbelievable blowing out the Chargers last week. 

I'm thinking loss for the Rams Thursday, because we have struggled offensively against Belichick, Patricia, Judge and Flores over the past three seasons. Our special teams are also the worst in the NFL, probably by a decent margin.

On paper we should win, but it feels like a "bad Goff" game coming, coupled with some special teams plays that will allow the Patriots to get a win while accumulating only 250 yards of offense.

I hope I'm wrong, but honestly, it probably doesn't matter to the Rams. We'll be in the playoffs either way, and our best case is probably the 3 seed - and either way, win or lose, unless Seattle drops another game, our game with them in week 16 will decide the division so we have to win that one regardless of the outcome Thursday.

All Rams fans would love to exercise that demon, but what the Patriots just did on our home field yesterday is terrifying.

It all depend how your team deals with the run. You stop the run game you win.  I don't see us passing for more than 100 yards. Pats have two WRs the others, wait we don't have others ! 😁 Ramsey easily take care of one WR. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2020 at 12:56 AM, LaFellSBXLIXMVP said:

Bills just stolen our division. I hope Bill wont retire until we get it back. Hopefully he can get some studs in the draft and we can sign some established offensive players with the cap we have considering many teams will have to dump good players because the cap will probably decrease.

Let's see.

If BB can get 6 or 7 wins with this complete shower of sh, then I have every confidence that with even an above average roster, we can take the division back. BB won't go anywhere just yet

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Lions fan. Instead of making a thread I thought here would be appropriate.

How likely are the Patriots to trade for a starting QB. Are fans ok with being dealt whoever at the pick you earn somewhere around 10-12. More importantly, how long does B.B. have to turn this thing around, do you feel like he'll trust one of these rookie QBs to do the job, or will he gamble another season for the cream of the 2022 crop at QB? Lions are in flux mode right? Dealing Stafford without receiving a 1st round pick seems silly at this point. N.E. is in a great spot to accquire a guy like Stafford or even Carson Wentz.

My question really is are Patriot fans ok giving up a 1st round plus for Stafford and having 2-5 years to making runs with B.B./Stafford or are you ready for possibly a 2-4 year rebuild with BB possibly never really getting aonther SB shot? Or does BB still have one last run even through a rebuild?

Do you think Patriots have a shot for a SB with Stafford at QB in the next 2-5 years?

Edited by SimbaWho

IMO BB doesn't give a crap about all the scenarios written. All he cares about is winning. Yes you can question his moves however its done for one thing winning.  I question him everyday. Cam at QB are you kidding me. You drafted who, BB you idiot!!!!

Then I take in everything Pats football. That's 50+ years and at the end of the day we have the greatest coach of all time. I watch other teams (90% of the NFL have bad organization)  and thank my lucky stars that we have BB.

I laugh when people think BB makes moves based on the time he has left before he retires!  Does he care about winning most games ever I would say just as much as winning his next game.

Here a question to ask, would he let Brady go if he cared only about total wins. Do you really think, he left himself with Stidam/Cam with total wins in history being his goal. 

IS BB a pain in the butt, YES. Is he a jerk, YES , Is he frustrating , YES.  But he i our coach and I would have it any other way!!!

PS The same people that criticize BB think,  Mike Tomlin is  a great coach. A coach the hasn't won jack crap. SB Cowers team.  Think about that!!!!!!

Edited by m haynes

If Stafford was the final piece to this team winning a championship I would give a 1st rounder ( still wouldn't be happy about it being a top 10 pick.. I would probably offer a future 1st) .. but the Patriots need SOOOO much help that I think it will take at minimum 2 offseasons / drafts to have enough talent to really compete, even with a great QB. 

Now if Stafford hasn't stated he wants to play into his late 30's then I think his trade value will plummet. 2 years isn't worth a high pick imo, maybe the 49ers would do it because they could go back to a super bowl with him.