General Talk

DoleINGout

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, scottishpatriot said:

I can't wait for the season to start. Every minute I spend watching, listening about and  reading about football is a minute I don't spend thinking about Liz Truss as PM. Seems like every day is worse than the one before as old Blighty continues on the oath to a failed state. 

What have we become 🤢

6 hours ago, Apparition said:

I can't wait to see the giant albino worm that they've been breeding to digest the queen's corpse.

Is that a pop culture reference I've missed?

I genuinely cried earlier. I appreciate it is a little odd to Americans. We are grieving. Closest comparison might be all ex Presidents dying on the same day. 

At least I have football and Rings of Power tonight to take my mind off it. 

15 hours ago, scottishpatriot said:

Is that a pop culture reference I've missed?

I genuinely cried earlier. I appreciate it is a little odd to Americans. We are grieving. Closest comparison might be all ex Presidents dying on the same day. 

At least I have football and Rings of Power tonight to take my mind off it. 

Are you? A Scot as well!

I personally can’t fathom why half the country is losing their minds, but I respect peoples choices. I don’t like these idiots making fun of her death or the mourners. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, scottishpatriot said:

I think some posters who know more than me thought we could trade Wynn away in the off-season so presumably we were happy to play him. 

Then he proceeded to have a terrible camp, and couldn't end up passing up Wynn even as Wynn missed nearly all of the preseason. With that said, he was decent in spot starts last season, but I don't think he did anything to stack on that heading into the year.