Depressing stats/facts

biggie.

22 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

AFC Central/AFC North Division Titles the Past 30 seasons

Houston Oilers - 2

Cleveland Browns - 0

And then obviously the Steelers/Ravens/Bengals all have a bunch moreย 

And people have questions on why the Browns of all teams sold their soul for Watson. Right here is the answer.

23 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Matt Ryan is arguably one of the top 15 QBs to ever play in the NFL. And he spent 14 years here in Atlanta, and we never won a title with him. It's very depressing.

Are we still doing the whole "things that aren't actually accurate to make fun of biggie's OP" thing here?

Because otherwise, it's depressing that people think Ryan is a top 15 QB all time.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 9

24 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Matt Ryan is arguably one of the top 15 QBs to ever play in the NFL. And he spent 14 years here in Atlanta, and we never won a title with him. It's very depressing.

Agreed. I hope he makes another Pro Bowl or 2 so he assured himself the Hall of Fame. I've always liked him and felt he was underappreciated.

I'll clarify that I don't think he's a top 15 QB by any measure except raw statistics. I just like him and think he got some bad luck throughout his career in regards to missing out on accolades.

Edited by seminoles1

47 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

The best QB the Broncos have ever drafted was Jay Cutler.

I know this is off topic but how many qbs that went on to be very good or better never played with the team that drafted them? Elway, rivers, Manning, farve(he didn't play that first year with atl right?)...

33 minutes ago, Vorsutus said:

I know this is off topic but how many qbs that went on to be very good or better never played with the team that drafted them? Elway, rivers, Manning, farve(he didn't play that first year with atl right?)...

IIRC, Favre did played that first year in ATL. His first pass was a pick six. Unitas didn't play for Pittsburgh, who drafted him in the 9th round.

On 7/13/2022 at 3:34 PM, wackywabbit said:

The greatest WR draft pick in Ravens history is not even a wide receiver and barely broke 100 yards with us (He plays TE for Las Vegas now).

You could argue Hollywood Brown is the next most talented player we drafted at the position and everyone is celebrating us unloading him.

When the best I can think of is Brandon Stokley and Torrey Smith... I never really though of how bad the Ravens have been at drafting WRs. They covered it up fairly well bringing in guys like Boldin, Mason, Steve Smith, and Shannon Sharpe at TE, even Qadry there for a minute.

Hollywood was only the 4th Baltimore drafted WR to lead the Ravens in receiving yards in their 26 years. (5 if you count Michael Jackson being drafted in Cleveland)

No Ravens drafted WR has led that team in yards receiving in a year with 1000+ yards.

ย 

If you asked people to name the 3 guys who led the Ravens in receiving between 2015 and 2018 I would not have been able to name one of them.

I'd advise against looking at the 2004 Ravens receiving corps. Its a staring into the abyss type situation.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

When the best I can think of is Brandon Stokley and Torrey Smith... I never really though of how bad the Ravens have been at drafting WRs. They covered it up fairly well bringing in guys like Boldin, Mason, Steve Smith, and Shannon Sharpe at TE, even Qadry there for a minute.

Hollywood was only the 4th Baltimore drafted WR to lead the Ravens in receiving yards in their 26 years. (5 if you count Michael Jackson being drafted in Cleveland)

No Ravens drafted WR has led that team in yards receiving in a year with 1000+ yards.

ย 

If you asked people to name the 3 guys who led the Ravens in receiving between 2015 and 2018 I would not have been able to name one of them.

I'd advise against looking at the 2004 Ravens receiving corps. Its a staring into the abyss type situation.

Titans are legendary at bringing in wr talent as well, Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, and Julio ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Vorsutus said:

He threw 4 passes for Atlanta.ย  2 INTs, LOL.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FavrBr00.htm

ย 

ย 

ย 

It is depressing that the Bears aren't one of the 0 win teams.ย  Here's hoping for this season!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vorsutus said:

Matt Hasselbeck and Mark Brunell were Packers.ย  Kurt Warner was too, but he was undrafted.ย  I think Steve Buerlein was a Cowboy.ย ย 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

ouch

At least Julio broke 100 yards?

ย 

Julio definitely produced the most but cost us a 2nd round pick. I think us just having moss jog down the field to pull a defender away may have oddly been the best pick up of the 3 lol.ย 

ย 

Anyone got a washed up future hof wr they don't want? Lol

Edited by Vorsutus

@ThatJerkDaveย I was thinking of that Packers QB room as well with Hasselbeck, Brunell and Warner.

Beuerlein started for the draft team Raiders, held out, and got traded to Dallas. He was used to tweak off Aikman, and never won more than 8 games in a season.

He did lead the league in passing yards and made the pro bowl once in Carolina.

ย 

ย 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

@ThatJerkDaveย I was thinking of that Packers QB room as well with Hasselbeck, Brunell and Warner.

Beuerlein started for the draft team Raiders, held out, and got traded to Dallas. He was used to tweak off Aikman, and never won more than 8 games in a season.

He did lead the league in passing yards and made the pro bowl once in Carolina.

ย 

ย 

I am pretty sure that Ty Detmer was in that room too.ย  But he may have been there with Favre and Majkowski.ย  We also had Aaron Brooks around that time too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vorsutus said:

Titans are legendary at bringing in wr talent as well, Andre Johnson, Randy Moss, and Julio ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Don't forget Eric Moulds, Yancey Thigpen, and Carl Pickens.