Depressing stats/facts

biggie.

13 hours ago, biggie. said:

Since 1991 (my birth year), the Lions and Redskins are the only teams to not play in the NFC Championship at least once. In fact, the Panthers have made it THRICE (03, 05, 15) and didn't even exist then.

That seems off. Redskins won the Super Bowl for the 1991 season. So since 1992? 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, biggie. said:

Since 1991 (my birth year), the Lions and Redskins are the only teams to not play in the NFC Championship at least once. In fact, the Panthers have made it THRICE (03, 05, 15) and didn't even exist then.

Redskins won a SB in ‘92, so something is off on this fact.

5 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

That seems off. Redskins won the Super Bowl for the 1991 season. So since 1992? 

Technically speaking, but I associate the playoffs with the year the season started. So Super Bowl 42 was the 2007 Super Bowl even though it took place in 2008.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, biggie. said:

Technically speaking, but I associate the playoffs woth the year the season started. So Super Bowl 42 was the 2007 Super Bowl even though it took place in 2008.

Right, so if Washington won the Super Bowl on January 26, 1992, then they won the 1991 season?

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Right, so if Washington won the Super Bowl on January 26, 1992, then they won the 1991 season?

My guy. Fighting the good fight. 

It’s definitely only been 30 seasons since we’ve made the conference championship. So hardly a depressing fact at all.

Edited by e16bball

14 minutes ago, e16bball said:

My guy. Fighting the good fight. 

It’s definitely only been 30 seasons since we’ve made the conference championship. So hardly a depressing fact at all.

Why give me one more year than I already have suffered. That's cruel!

18 hours ago, biggie. said:

There are 18 teams that haven't been to the NFC championship game since then 😏

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

AFC Central/AFC North Division Titles the Past 30 seasons

Houston Oilers - 2

Cleveland Browns - 0

And then obviously the Steelers/Ravens/Bengals all have a bunch more 

We left the division 20 years ago lol

• Like 2

The greatest WR draft pick in Ravens history is not even a wide receiver and barely broke 100 yards with us (He plays TE for Las Vegas now).

You could argue Hollywood Brown is the next most talented player we drafted at the position and everyone is celebrating us unloading him.

• Like 2