• Aaron Rodgers
    • Aaron Jones
    • AJ Dillon
    • David Bahktiari
    • Rashaan Gary
    • Kenny Clark
    • Jaire Alexander
    • Other

Let get some discussion going on ranking the the GB Packers on most important to the overall success of the team.  adapted from @AlexGreen#20from 2017

someone... ANYONE can make a new topic of this every few days (going from #1 down to tbd ) and we'll go down the list and hopefully get a ranking of the  most important players that will determine overall team success.   I'd like to get a consensus on where you guys rank our players. 

Who is the most important player on the Packers? The guy who it would be most devastating to lose to injury. 

#1 is ???????????

Edited by squire12

3 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

It's  Rodgers. If he has an off year, probably doesn't matter what anyone else does.  

depends on how off it would be.   The defense might be capable of a top 5 type unit if things fall well with avoiding injuries and the pieces coming back/being added.  

4th CB, 3rd safety, 3rd EDGE are some weak spots

DL:  Clark, Reed, Lowry, Wyatt, Slayton
LB:  Campbell, Walker
EDGE:  Gary, P Smith, Garvin, Enagbare
CB:  Alexander, Stokes, Douglas
S: Amos, Savage

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

depends on how off it would be.   The defense might be capable of a top 5 type unit if things fall well with avoiding injuries and the pieces coming back/being added.  

4th CB, 3rd safety, 3rd EDGE are some weak spots

DL:  Clark, Reed, Lowry, Wyatt, Slayton
LB:  Campbell, Walker
EDGE:  Gary, P Smith, Garvin, Enagbare
CB:  Alexander, Stokes, Douglas
S: Amos, Savage

I am kind of wondering when our first defender will be listed.  I think that we can probably absorb just about any single defender missing time with this roster.  

51 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I am kind of wondering when our first defender will be listed.  I think that we can probably absorb just about any single defender missing time with this roster.  

Gary would be my #2 we don't really have anyone on his level. Preston is a nice #2 edge but past that it's a bit of hope you can scheme pressure.

Even the biggest Rodgers hater would have to acknowledge that Rodgers is far and away the most important player on the roster.

Thinking about the 2nd most critical player is an interesting exercise.

I am thinking it's Bak.  The outlook with a healthy Bak is much different than without him.

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

1. Rodgers

2. Gary - we don't have the pass rushers to replace him. 

3. for me the debate begins here. 

For me Clark would be an easy #3. Everyone else has a backup we have seen play at a high level. While I believe Wyatt will be good, I don't expect him to be that level year 1.

9 hours ago, spilltray said:

For me Clark would be an easy #3. Everyone else has a backup we have seen play at a high level. While I believe Wyatt will be good, I don't expect him to be that level year 1.

I don't think that is a bad call, but would go Amos. Reed, Wyatt, Slaton and Lowry could hold up reasonably well. Who is Amos back up? I think the fall off is quite a bit more significant. 

46 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

I don't think that is a bad call, but would go Amos. Reed, Wyatt, Slaton and Lowry could hold up reasonably well. Who is Amos back up? I think the fall off is quite a bit more significant. 

See, that’s how I see the question as well. I’m not looking for the 2nd best football player on the team. I’m looking for the 2nd highest ranking player whose presence helps us win and whose loss might cost us wins.

Rodgers was #1. I’d hate to play without Gary, Clark, Amos, or Dillon. OL doesn’t make the list because we deal with injuries all the time.

”With the snap to Rodgers the 2022 NFL season is underway for the Green Bay Packers’ offense. Here’s an off tackle run for Aaron Jones that goes for six yards AND MORE! Jones was stopped by the Vikings’ defense, spins and gives the Packers fifteen yards and a first down. Aaaand we have an injured Packer on the play. It looks like an offensive lineman and he’s in pain!”

1 hour ago, Uffdaswede said:

See, that’s how I see the question as well. I’m not looking for the 2nd best football player on the team. I’m looking for the 2nd highest ranking player whose presence helps us win and whose loss might cost us wins.

Rodgers was #1. I’d hate to play without Gary, Clark, Amos, or Dillon. OL doesn’t make the list because we deal with injuries all the time.

”With the snap to Rodgers the 2022 NFL season is underway for the Green Bay Packers’ offense. Here’s an off tackle run for Aaron Jones that goes for six yards AND MORE! Jones was stopped by the Vikings’ defense, spins and gives the Packers fifteen yards and a first down. Aaaand we have an injured Packer on the play. It looks like an offensive lineman and he’s in pain!”

Do we "deal with" the OL injuries? I think it was pretty obvious that's why we didn't make the Super Bowl the last two years after losing Bakh and Jenkins.

17 hours ago, Old Guy said:

I see your point but I think you can mask a S. Anos is good but Clark is an impact and that wrecking ball in the middle has more impact.