Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/trade-grades-rockets-do-well-to-boost-bench-cavs-smartly-continue-rebuild-kings-make-puzzling-swap/

CLE.pngCleveland Cavaliers: A

Cleveland receives:

• Marquese Chriss
  • Brandon Knight
  • Rockets' 2019 first-round pick (lottery protected)

This season has been a disaster for the Cavaliers, though that really isn't surprising given they lost the best player in the league in the offseason. Throughout the season, however, they've been making some solid moves as they begin their rebuild. They got two picks from the Bucks in the George Hill deal, two picks from the Jazzfor Kyle Korver and two picks from the Trail Blazers in the Rodney Hood deal. 

Now, they've flipped Stauskas and Baldwin, who they got in the Hood deal, for another first-round pick -- this one from the Rockets. They'll have to pay Brandon Knight for the remainder of this season and next, but they have to pay someone. Plus, they'll get a look at Marquese Chriss. He doesn't look to be an NBA player, but he's still only 21 years old. Perhaps the Cavs can unlock something there. If not, it didn't cost them anything. 

In this trade specifically, they were able to turn two players they had on their roster for approximately five minutes into a first-round pick and an extended look at a former top-five pick. That's some good business. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, brownie man said:

I think Marquese Chriss is going to be a player for us. He’s only 21 and is extremely athletic 

he was a second team all nba rookie 

I think he can develop I’d like to see what he does with his opportunities 

i also think we’ve got a chance at keeping our pick in 2020 too. We just gotta keep it top 10

Maybe if Mayfield can get a hold of him. 

2019 Final Definitive Cavaliers NBA Big Board:

1.) Zion Williamson, SF/PF Duke

2.) Ja Morant, PG Murray State

3.) KZ Okpala, SG/SF Stanford

4.) Cameron Reddish, SG Duke

5.) Coby White, PG/SG UNC

6.) RJ Barrett, SG Duke

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

2019 Starting 5:

(Kevin Love's play causes us to drop out of the top 3 lotto chance).

1(5): KZ Okpala

1(24) Coby White

------------------------------------------------------------------------

2020 Starting 5:

(Kevin Love Traded in Off-Season for Draft Capital)

PG: Coby White

Combo Guard: Collin Sexton

SF: Cedi Osman

Forward Hybrid: KZ Okpala

Big: Tristan Thompson

Edited by Mind Character

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

It would be fitting for that to be his final "contribution" to the team.

Hated the trade for him.

Eh, he was part of the group that ended decades of futility here. 

He D’d up Steph in the closing minute to let me experience my first championship as a fan.

I’ll never hate on him or any part of that team tbh.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Lmao Kevin loves play causes us to drop out of the bottom 3. As if he actually impacts winning. 

The difference between the the 2nd and 9th worse records was only 6 games. Last year, the difference between the worst record and the 4th worst was 3 games.

You do realize that we have the 3rd worse record in the league without Kevin love.

It's not crazy to believe that adding Kevin Love gets us 3-5 more games against bad/tanking teams by the end of the season. That will be enough to drop us out of the top 3 unfortunately.

I never said K.Love turns us into a major winner, but it's hard to deny that Love could lead us on the side of winning in close games 3-5 more times than we need to during the rest of the season.

Edited by Mind Character

7 minutes ago, Mind Character said:

The difference between the the 2nd and 9th worse records was only 6 games. Last year, the difference between the worst record and the 4th worst was 3 games.

You do realize that we have the 3rd worse record in the league without Kevin love.

It's not crazy to believe that adding Kevin Love gets us 3-5 more games against bad/tanking teams by the end of the season. That will be enough to drop us out of the top 3 unfortunately.

I never said K.Love turns us into a major winner, but it's hard to deny that Love could lead us on the side of winning in close games 3-5 more times than we need to during the rest of the season.

Don’t worry, he is the biggest Love hater on the site

• Like 2

I'm telling you guys Chriss is going to be a player for us 

Phoenix is a terrible organization and Houston has James Harden. Chriss was never going to get an opportunity 

21 years is so young and hes already been a second team all nba player 

He just went for 13 and 8 the first day on the jobs in an away game 3/5 from 3 and 50% from the field 

We got a steal here guys I'm saying it loud and clear 

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck