Jump to content
LETSGOBROWNIES

Cavaliers Thread: Embrace The Mediocrity

Recommended Posts

Just now, bruceb said:

Liked the lines for the kids tonight. Think it might be the first time they have gone for > 50 points among them:

16 8 5
23 4 4
13 1 3
 

Porter Jrs. ceiling is so high I love it. The growing pains along the way (like tonight) are so hard to stomach. If Porter 'hits' in the next year or two then the Cavs will be completely different its just trying to get through the growing pains thats tough. Im so sick of watching rebuilds between the Browns/Cavs/Indians haha

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

debatable. They have Love/TT who were starters on 4 NBA Finals teams,

Their experience of being drug by their britches to the finals by LeBron only means so much.

33 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

experience off the bench with Nance/Delly/Knight/Henson

Who? 😂. These are replacements level role players.  They don’t move the needle one bit.

33 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

and the #5/#8 picks in the draft each of the last 2 years.

Who are babies.  They’re a solid 5 years from their prime.

33 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

That is more than enough talent to beat teams like the Wizards, Hawks, Hornets, Knicks, Bulls, ect...but the Cavs are losing to those type of teams.

Meh, maybe, sure.  It’s pretty irrelevant, we’re still in full rebuild mode.  If you’re expecting wins your expectations are the issue tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Their experience of being drug by their britches to the finals by LeBron only means so much.

Who? 😂. These are replacements level role players.  They don’t move the needle one bit.

Who are babies.  They’re a solid 5 years from their prime.

Meh, maybe, sure.  It’s pretty irrelevant, we’re still in full rebuild mode.  If you’re expecting wins your expectations are the issue tbh.

I dont expect for the Cavs to be a 40+ win team that goes .500 and beats good teams. My point is that we have 4 rotation players that have started or have been in the NBA Finals with playoff experience and two top 10 picks in the draft but we still get beat by teams that have torn down their roster and only have 2-3 players that any casual fan would even know who they are. Those type of losses are unacceptable with what the Cavs have on their roster. Experience alone should beat the Bulls, Knicks, ect. 

Everyone on this team is underperforming. Especially the vets who should be taking over games and winning some by themselves off experience alone--which they currently are not. This is a coaching problem I belive.

Edited by AkronsWitness

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bruceb said:

Liked the lines for the kids tonight. Think it might be the first time they have gone for > 50 points among them:

16 8 5
23 4 4
13 1 3
 

I want to get Wiseman

the NBA owes us 

Give us Wiseman and this team has a legit future

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2020 at 10:06 PM, AkronsWitness said:

I dont expect for the Cavs to be a 40+ win team that goes .500 and beats good teams. My point is that we have 4 rotation players that have started or have been in the NBA Finals with playoff experience and two top 10 picks in the draft but we still get beat by teams that have torn down their roster and only have 2-3 players that any casual fan would even know who they are. Those type of losses are unacceptable with what the Cavs have on their roster. Experience alone should beat the Bulls, Knicks, ect. 

Everyone on this team is underperforming. Especially the vets who should be taking over games and winning some by themselves off experience alone--which they currently are not. This is a coaching problem I belive.

I agree.  The first few weeks of the season we were beating those teams off the strength of Love and Thompson alone.  Now it's pretty much fallen apart, and given the new lottery it's probably better to beat these bad teams or else you're placing your faith in practically random chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way anyone takes love from us. He’s been hot trash and lazy AF. No contender wants that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

No way anyone takes love from us. He’s been hot trash and lazy AF. No contender wants that. 

Maybe someone thinks playing meaningful games will light a spark (which it might).

I still think the real issue is his skill set vs that contract.  Who’s gonna want that deal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Maybe someone thinks playing meaningful games will light a spark (which it might).

I still think the real issue is his skill set vs that contract.  Who’s gonna want that deal?

Let me throw out this idea 

GS gets love 

minny gets d lo

cavs get Wiggins 

 

GS never meant to sign d lo long term. He was always just a trade piece. When GS gets healthy they could roll out curry Klay draymond and love. Love would really hope the floor with KD gone and they could hide some of his faults on defense with draymond. 
 

minny has been after d lo for a few years. This is an obvious win for them. 
 

cavs are desperate for a wing. Wiggins is up and down but his ups are better than anything we have or could hope to have for a few years and his downs are still better than the crap we trot out there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Let me throw out this idea 

GS gets love 

minny gets d lo

cavs get Wiggins 

 

GS never meant to sign d lo long term. He was always just a trade piece. When GS gets healthy they could roll out curry Klay draymond and love. Love would really hope the floor with KD gone and they could hide some of his faults on defense with draymond. 
 

minny has been after d lo for a few years. This is an obvious win for them. 
 

cavs are desperate for a wing. Wiggins is up and down but his ups are better than anything we have or could hope to have for a few years and his downs are still better than the crap we trot out there. 

That’s actually not a bad scenario for anyone.

Better fits all around tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Let me throw out this idea 

GS gets love 

minny gets d lo

cavs get Wiggins 

 

GS never meant to sign d lo long term. He was always just a trade piece. When GS gets healthy they could roll out curry Klay draymond and love. Love would really hope the floor with KD gone and they could hide some of his faults on defense with draymond. 
 

minny has been after d lo for a few years. This is an obvious win for them. 
 

cavs are desperate for a wing. Wiggins is up and down but his ups are better than anything we have or could hope to have for a few years and his downs are still better than the crap we trot out there. 

Love the irony in that we get the guy for Love that we gave up to get Love.

Full circle.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/1/2020 at 12:34 PM, big poppa pump said:

Edwards, Wiseman, Ball, and Toppin look like the consensus top 4.  Hopefully we get one of those guys.

I think Ball is fools gold much like Lonzo. The shooting is just too suspect, IMO. 

With Toppin, I watch him play, and I just don't see it. I don't see the translation to the NBA. I see a JAG at the next level, a Frank Kaminsky or a Zeller brother. That's more a feel for me than anything. I could be totally wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Fatgerman said:

I think Ball is fools gold much like Lonzo. The shooting is just too suspect, IMO. 

With Toppin, I watch him play, and I just don't see it. I don't see the translation to the NBA. I see a JAG at the next level, a Frank Kaminsky or a Zeller brother. That's more a feel for me than anything. I could be totally wrong.

Because he has a low post game...?

 

The dudes athletic af.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Because he has a low post game...?

 

The dudes athletic af.

Oooo, athletic f.

Now we're talking!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×