Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Sexton has been having one hell of a month of March. I would love Zion but him and Sexton don’t seem to me like they would work all that great together. I feel like he would really benefit having a true PG set him up with his elite ability to finish. I don’t know if Collin will ever be that kind of PG. he really hasn’t shown that ability or even flashed it at times. 

Sexton has played well lately, but you don't pass on a player like Zion just because you're not sure how well he and Sexton would play together. With that said, we might not even have a chance at Zion.

2 hours ago, DawgX said:

Sexton has played well lately, but you don't pass on a player like Zion just because you're not sure how well he and Sexton would play together. With that said, we might not even have a chance at Zion.

I’m just saying if we get Zion best to move on from Collin

On 3/19/2019 at 8:57 AM, buno67 said:

I’m just saying if we get Zion best to move on from Collin

Collin is really being taken for granted for man that young dude is 20 and Balling 

hes got to mature but I don’t see anything that says he can’t be a higher scoring Tony Parker on a great team 

10 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Collin is really being taken for granted for man that young dude is 20 and Balling 

hes got to mature but I don’t see anything that says he can’t be a higher scoring Tony Parker on a great team 

Nah, 19 year old raw PGs coming out of college can’t improve. You’re dreaming my man. He is what he is. I’ve never seen PGs improve with experience. I’d personally cut him. 

On 1/19/2019 at 9:23 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, he just turned 20.

Kid has a LOT of time to develop.

On 1/19/2019 at 9:50 AM, buno67 said:

Idk, he has just been bad. There are a lot of guys who just turned 20, who aren’t nearly as bad as he is. Be it, there is a bad team around him but would want to see him being better tho

He is literally one of the worst players in league. By far the worst rookie. Sucks it was a 7 man draft the Cavs were stuck at #8. 

On 1/19/2019 at 11:18 AM, buno67 said:

To be that far from the pack tho ? Also what is sexton being asked to do? They aren’t asking him to win games or be a leader. There having him going out there and just playing. Shows some bright moments but has a lot more awful. Just would assume he play better with zero pressure of winning

Like I was sayin...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Nah, 19 year old raw PGs coming out of college can’t improve. You’re dreaming my man. He is what he is. I’ve never seen PGs improve with experience. I’d personally cut him. 

I actually cant remember a player improving as much in season as he has for the Cavs. You see players go in the offseason and work on things and come out next year more developed but Sexton is literally changing his game in practice and applying it mid-season.....and its working lol Impressive

However, I will say that I think RJ Barrett is probably the best fit (assuming we dont strike gold with Zion). Im actually not even expecting to get Zion so I have my wishful thinking set on Barrett. Morant and Sexton would be Kyrie/Waiters all over again but Cam Reddish I also think would fit in just fine if we get screwed and drop to 4-5.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I think we can expect his defense to improve since he has the athleticism and desire to be a great defender.  I think being a great facilitator is more of an intangible though.

HE DOESNT FREAKING HAVE TO BE THAT

TONY PARKER IS A HOF PG AND AVERAGED LIKE 4 ASSIST A GAME

I'LL TAKE TONY PARKER'S CAREER OVER A JASON KIDD

We just have to build our team understanding that. Get us a point forward at the 3 or 4 and we'll be fine. 

He's young it'll get better, but I'm going to embrace his skillset and model him after TonyP

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

HE DOESNT FREAKING HAVE TO BE THAT

TONY PARKER IS A HOF PG AND AVERAGED LIKE 4 ASSIST A GAME

I'LL TAKE TONY PARKER'S CAREER OVER A JASON KIDD

We just have to build our team understanding that. Get us a point forward at the 3 or 4 and we'll be fine. 

He's young it'll get better, but I'm going to embrace his skillset and model him after TonyP

I’ll gladly take Collin as Tony Parker if the cavs are getting a guy like Tim Duncan and Manu somewhere down the line as we. Oh yeah and a coach like Pops. 

If we are going to build a team potentially around him. Give me Kidd’s career, Kidd could carry a team to the playoffs, that’s proven, Parker, not so much. 

Jason Kidd was the better scorer, better facilitator, and better PG compared to Parker. Only thing Parker had over Kidd was better roster and better coach...

if you are trying to pick a PG and you take Parker over Kid, you are a moron. Parker is good but he is not better than Kidd. Be like having the chance to pick Kobe or Jordon and you selecting Kobe. Results will still be positive but you didn’t pick the better player. 

Edited by buno67

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck