Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

On 9/7/2020 at 9:46 AM, sdrawkcab321 said:

I can see Gilbert trading for westbrick. All he wants to do is make the playoffs and be relevant. Russell can at least do that. We just won’t do anything once we’re in the playoffs. 

After watching the last 2 years I am convinced you cannot win in the postseason if Westbrook is on your team. High volume, low efficiency. Hes like a supercharged Jordan Clarkson. 

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

After watching the last 2 years I am convinced you cannot win in the postseason if Westbrook is on your team. High volume, low efficiency. Hes like a supercharged Jordan Clarkson. 

I don’t think anyone would disagree. No way anyone can win with him. But I think Gilbert would gladly lose in the playoffs if it means getting into the playoffs. 

On 9/6/2020 at 11:06 PM, candyman93 said:

Let’s play a game:

Try to build a starting 5 that can win a title with Russell Westbrook as your starting PG and you must factor in the salary cap + his contract. He makes 38 mil.

You also can’t use any rookie contracts, so no Luka.

It’s not possible.

Westbrook 38 mil

Garry Harris 20 mil

Robert Covington 11 Mil

PJ Tucker 8 mil

Anthony Davis 27 mil

I feel like AD being one of the rare superstar players that thrive playing off the ball would pair very well with Westbrook and those 2 would be a nightmare for opposing teams in transition.  Harris, Covington, and Tucker all defend well and can hit the 3 ball. Depending on how well I could fill out the rest of the rotation, I could definitely see this team giving a team like the Clippers a tough series

10 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

Westbrook 38 mil

Garry Harris 20 mil

Robert Covington 11 Mil

PJ Tucker 8 mil

Anthony Davis 27 mil

I feel like AD being one of the rare superstar players that thrive playing off the ball would pair very well with Westbrook and those 2 would be a nightmare for opposing teams in transition.  Harris, Covington, and Tucker all defend well and can hit the 3 ball. Depending on how well I could fill out the rest of the rotation, I could definitely see this team giving a team like the Clippers a tough series

I think if you could include rookie contracts, it’s very possible. Just throw in Luka, Ayton, Murray, and a few others.

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I think if you could include rookie contracts, it’s very possible. Just throw in Luka, Ayton, Murray, and a few others.

I mean adding in one of them isn't unrealistic as Rus could be traded to a team that has one of them, but no team has multiple rookies of that caliber.  Closest is Atlanta.

9 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Coach bud being playoff trash is nothing new. We seen his terrible adjustments when he was in Atlanta. But I’d still love to have him as our coach. 

Totally agree. We need somebody who is great at developing young players into a good personnel-based system. We don't need to hire THE guy right now, we need to hire someone who can maximize the growth and development of our young players so that we know who the core is going forward.

27 minutes ago, FGK said:

Totally agree. We need somebody who is great at developing young players into a good personnel-based system. We don't need to hire THE guy right now, we need to hire someone who can maximize the growth and development of our young players so that we know who the core is going forward.

Isnt that the reason we hired Bickerstaff because of the system and work developing young guy in MEM?

I will say the Cavs played much better when that coaching change was made last season

Edited by AkronsWitness

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck