Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

23 hours ago, buno67 said:

Joe Vardon did not have good things to say about the Cavs today on 92.3. 

saying Collin is turning into a shot chucker and it’s starting to annoy other players. Talking about Okuru being absolutely lost out there. 

didn’t have great things to say about Kolby

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Vardon was saying that even guys on other teams know it. even said he has heard trash talk where the opponents tells the guy he is covering "We both know Collin aint passing the ball'

Anything else? These aren't great things to hear

Edited by OhioG

10 hours ago, GodOfLinebackers said:

I hate our front office. Atrocious. 

Really, what could this front office do? They got lottery picks that just missed out on the cusp of the top tier talent and they are not a FA designation. Yeah the Drummond trade looks bad but that is a move/risk you have to take like a franchise like this. 

34 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Really, what could this front office do? They got lottery picks that just missed out on the cusp of the top tier talent and they are not a FA designation. Yeah the Drummond trade looks bad but that is a move/risk you have to take like a franchise like this. 

They constructed a roster of small guards, a logjam at PF/C, refused to prioritize defense until this season, and somehow have no talent OR cap space. Very few teams have been inept to the point of having zero cap space, zero superstars, and zero chance of making the playoffs.

• Like 1

Jarrett Allen if you want him. Garland has a ton of talent, he just needs to figure it out a little better. It’s not about looking good it’s about winning. He can definitely be a pg of the future. Sexton I’m still convinced could be an elite 6th man. Hopefully he can just accept it. 

JBB we need you to be the tank commander we’d love you to be. Unlike the past few years all we need is a top five pick. This draft coming up is five deep of cats that would go number 1 the last few drafts. Hopefully the nba recognizes we’re playing hard and reward us appropriately like LA and Golden State. 

• Like 1

Jarrett Allen is a freaking stud who fits in beautifully in the modern, outside shooting heavy NBA. Dude can consistently go get you 15/10/2 on like 6-7 shots. And when he gets 12-14 shots you're looking at more like 20/12/2.

Sexton is a bit of a ball hog, true, but he's really efficient at it considering the lack of offensive threat the rest of the team is.

I think Garland needs one more year for us to really know who he is in the long run. Windler is showing exactly what I hoped for after reading up on the pick, if he can be a 40%+ 3PT shooter he can be a deadly spot up weapon to pair with SexLand.

Totally agree on tanking out the rest of the year (while getting the young guns playing time and experience) and grabbing a top 5 pick. If we can land top 5, and pick up some spare parts from a Drummond trade or (please Lord) a KLove trade, then you're cooking.

PG - Garland/?
SG - Okoro/Sexton
SF/PF - Windler/?
PF/SF - Top 5 pick (big wing)/Nance
C - Jarrett Allen/Filler

We're clearly going for Utah East. A big, low usage, high efficiency, high defense center, with two ball heavy guards and shooters/wing defenders all around.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Raves said:

Did you just forget about Okoro?  What about Nance?

Yeah, I was moving fast and spit balling. I knew I was missing a couple guys. (Cedi I didn't forget about. I think he gets moved eventually.) Corrected it up above. There are other guys like Prince who would be solid depth but I don't think are in your 8 man rotation for the playoffs so I'm leaving them off for now.

6 hours ago, buno67 said:

It’s very easy to forget about Okoro...

His ceiling went from Kawhi to Tony Allen fast 😂

Beating the dead horse here but paying Kevin Love was the worst thing this FO did, especially since him becoming a non-asset was so foreseeable when they did it.  He wasn't a 3rd superstar when LeBron was here, he was a great role player the same level as TT was.  I feel like Gilbert forced that because Koby doesn't seem dumb enough to think that was going to keep us competitive.

Drafting Sexton, Garland, even Okoro are all decent moves considering where we were picking.  Drummond trade cost nothing.  Jarrett Allen trade looks good.

Bielen also a big mistake.

Okoros biggest issue is he’s too small. He can’t play the 3. He has to play the 2. Which really hurts when your other guards are undersized too. Something has to give. You can’t have Sexton and garland. And neither is going to be a bench player. So you have 3 players who basically play the same position yet they can’t all play together. Terribly built team. 

6 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Okoros biggest issue is he’s too small. He can’t play the 3. He has to play the 2. Which really hurts when your other guards are undersized too. Something has to give. You can’t have Sexton and garland. And neither is going to be a bench player. So you have 3 players who basically play the same position yet they can’t all play together. Terribly built team. 

The construction of the team is a lesser concern to some degree as you can move guys once the cream starts to rise, but as of now there’s not a lot to love about any of these guys.

Allen and Sexton have shown some ability, but they don’t look like guys you can build a winning team around.  At least not yet.  Same with Garland.

At some point we have to find “the guy” who this team is going to be based around.

• Like 1

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck