Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

44 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

https://twitter.com/thehoopcentral/status/1410353688032382980?s=21 thoughts on this trade

Sexton is definitely a better player, but Hero is a better fit next to Garland, is cheaper, and getting to shed love’s contract would be great 

I just dont see Miami making that trade.

Taking on so much salary and then having to pay the young bull after next year

I think if I had to rank my top-10 prospects of the last 10 years I'd have it

Tier1 - Guys I'd have said with >50% HoF potential pre-draft and potential ATGs at their position and franchise changers

1. Anthony Davis

2. Zion Williamson

Tier2 - Likely stars with really solid superstar/HoF chances

3. KAT

4. Jalen Green

5. Cade Cunningham

6. Evan Mobley

7. Luka Doncic

Tier3 - Likely stars but have some warts/baggage

8. Ja Morant

9. DeAndre Ayton

10. Ben Simmons

To me, this draft class is absurdly loaded. Jalen Green is #1 this year to me because for the life of my I don't understand how you guard him. Hes got the fastest first step I've ever seen, he launches out of a cannon. So you have to play back on him or he's getting by whenever he wants. But he's an amazing shooter so you just gave him a good look from deep where he'll convert at 37%+ on high volume. 

I think you have to give him the drive right now and rotate the defense to stop him with the next level. Once he develops his passing a bit more he's going to be deadly. Right now hes more of a one-read passer and doesn't convert passes weakside very well. By year 2 or 3 once he develops passing on the drive hes going to be a 30/5/5 player on ridiculous efficiency. 

30 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

I think if I had to rank my top-10 prospects of the last 10 years I'd have it

Tier1 - Guys I'd have said with >50% HoF potential pre-draft and potential ATGs at their position and franchise changers

1. Anthony Davis

2. Zion Williamson

Tier2 - Likely stars with really solid superstar/HoF chances

3. KAT

4. Jalen Green

5. Cade Cunningham

6. Evan Mobley

7. Luka Doncic

Tier3 - Likely stars but have some warts/baggage

8. Ja Morant

9. DeAndre Ayton

10. Ben Simmons

To me, this draft class is absurdly loaded. Jalen Green is #1 this year to me because for the life of my I don't understand how you guard him. Hes got the fastest first step I've ever seen, he launches out of a cannon. So you have to play back on him or he's getting by whenever he wants. But he's an amazing shooter so you just gave him a good look from deep where he'll convert at 37%+ on high volume. 

I think you have to give him the drive right now and rotate the defense to stop him with the next level. Once he develops his passing a bit more he's going to be deadly. Right now hes more of a one-read passer and doesn't convert passes weakside very well. By year 2 or 3 once he develops passing on the drive hes going to be a 30/5/5 player on ridiculous efficiency. 

Bro Ben Simmons was being hailed as the next LeBron James out of LSU lol He is easily, eaaaaasily a top 2-3 prospect of the last decade.

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Bro Ben Simmons was being hailed as the next LeBron James out of LSU lol He is easily, eaaaaasily a top 2-3 prospect of the last decade.

The knocks on his shooting, maturity, going to LSU for familiarity/not getting challenged, being on a bad college team, etc were very real. I got absolutely roasted on here for saying I'd take Ingram #1 overall that year.

Literally every warning sign thats ended up maturing regarding Ben Simmons wasn't just apparent but was flashing in bright shiny lights. What you meant to say was he was compared to LeBron minus the skill. 

Watching more of Cade - I think he's by far the most likely of the top3 guys to disappoint. He never creates good looks for himself of the dribble because hes so sluggish, has an awful first step, and little acceleration. I think NBA spacing will help him like it did Luka but hes about the most physically underwhelming top3 wing I've ever seen. His shooting, BBIQ, off ball movement, and defense are amazing so he's definitely going to be a good player. But I think I'm seeing more of a solid star player than best guy on a contender. 

15 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

The knocks on his shooting, maturity, going to LSU for familiarity/not getting challenged, being on a bad college team, etc were very real. I got absolutely roasted on here for saying I'd take Ingram #1 overall that year.

Literally every warning sign thats ended up maturing regarding Ben Simmons wasn't just apparent but was flashing in bright shiny lights. What you meant to say was he was compared to LeBron minus the skill. 

Watching more of Cade - I think he's by far the most likely of the top3 guys to disappoint. He never creates good looks for himself of the dribble because hes so sluggish, has an awful first step, and little acceleration. I think NBA spacing will help him like it did Luka but hes about the most physically underwhelming top3 wing I've ever seen. His shooting, BBIQ, off ball movement, and defense are amazing so he's definitely going to be a good player. But I think I'm seeing more of a solid star player than best guy on a contender. I agr

I agree with you on Cade, I think he has a high floor but somewhat limited ceiling given his physical athletic limitations. Almost reminds me of a Michael Carter Williams but more talented

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

I agree with you on Cade, I think he has a high floor but somewhat limited ceiling given his physical athletic limitations. Almost reminds me of a Michael Carter Williams but more talented

Yeah like a Khris Middleton w/ better passing seems really likely. 

I will be stunned, literally stunned, if hes getting to the hoop on a regular basis in the NBA. He only dunked 1 time the last 17 college games for instance. 

16 hours ago, OhioG said:

I just dont see Miami making that trade.

Taking on so much salary and then having to pay the young bull after next year

I mean at some point they are going to have to pay someone. Herro will be due a year later. They have a decision to make with Nunn already and Robinson. I think this trade does put them in a much better win now situation. I also bet that Love miraculously isnt hurt if this trade were to happen. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cortes02 said:

Supposedly there are 5 teams interested in Love.  New Orleans/ Philadelphia/ Miami / LA Clippers / Portland.  Not sure what those teams would want to give up but we'll see.

I will take pretty much whatever to get rid of Love unless hes willing to come off the bench

Looking at salaries these are the only trades that make sense

Love for Oladipo and Iggy - salary dump for Cavs, Heat gain a years salary for someone who can play. We pay the 21M for an injured Oladipo

Love for Steven Adam’s - spacing for Zion

Portland / Philly / LAC - no salaries line up that make any sense

29 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Looking at salaries these are the only trades that make sense

Love for Oladipo and Iggy - salary dump for Cavs, Heat gain a years salary for someone who can play. We pay the 21M for an injured Oladipo

Love for Steven Adam’s - spacing for Zion

Portland / Philly / LAC - no salaries line up that make any sense

Griffin isn’t trading for love 

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck