Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

13 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

That’s the thing, Okoro has already guarded some of the best 3s in the game and held his own. He absolutely can play the position. But I do agree somewhat that I’d like him at 2. If we can get a nice shooter at 3 I’d be good with Okoro at 2. 

And I’ve seen Mobley guard the perimeter quite well. Watch the cats feet. He’s really good at it. 

Okoro absolutely did not hold his own against most 3s. He was way over powered and undersized. He guarded 1s and 2s much better. 

5 hours ago, brownie man said:

Yeah from my center. 

From a wing player you want someone who is at least a threat to make a 3 that way you have to guard the entire court which creates more spacing and opportunities for more scoring. 

Ben Simmons for example. No threat at a 3 point shooter. That hurts them a lot because at that position your expecting a shooter. Kuminga is a willing shooter hopefully you can get him to 335-350 from  3. You get him there then he’s got a complete offensive game. 

Siakim shot 369% in 2018 and 359% in 2019 after shooting 220% in 2017

Significant improvement 

get Kuminga in that same range and he’s going to be a really good nba player 

Meh, we have Cedi Osman, who just had one down year as a perimeter shooter last year. I guess you'd call him your wing that is a threat to make a 3 then, if you're doing that for Siakim.

If Okoro is getting 10/3/2 per 36 AND can't guard the opponents best wing, then he is a bench player.

You only have the luxury of starting him at the 2 if you luck into landing a superstar SF.  No ideal defensive fit will make up for that lack of offensive production otherwise, and those skilled 6'7+ SFs are probably the hardest kind of player to land.

He's needs 2 years of outstanding development or miraculously landing a great player at the 3 to become a viable option to replace Collin Sexton.

Edited by Rod Johnson

31 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Cmon now 

stop it 

you started this when you called Siakim a good outside shooter, which is very much false. I'm just providing a comparable shooter that is already on our team. Obviously Siakim is a much better overall player, but to claim he is a good shooter, especially when discussing threes, is crazy. 

31 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

you started this when you called Siakim a good outside shooter, which is very much false. I'm just providing a comparable shooter that is already on our team. Obviously Siakim is a much better overall player, but to claim he is a good shooter, especially when discussing threes, is crazy. 

359% and 369% 

to me is good from a SF who’s game isn’t being a shooter

im not saying the boy is Klay

but for a player with an all around skill set who is going to be a good player on both sides I think that’s a fine range to be at

the 297% is low but 359-369 is great for a wing like Siakim who is doing so much for team defensively and rebounding as well as scoring like he does 

59 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

If Okoro is getting 10/3/2 per 36 AND can't guard the opponents best wing, then he is a bench player.

You only have the luxury of starting him at the 2 if you luck into landing a superstar SF.  No ideal defensive fit will make up for that lack of offensive production otherwise, and those skilled 6'7+ SFs are probably the hardest kind of player to land.

He's needs 2 years of outstanding development or miraculously landing a great player at the 3 to become a viable option to replace Collin Sexton.

See I think he adds value in being able to lock up the opposing teams 2 guard. He might not be able to hang with wings like KD or Tatum consistently 

but I love him guarding 2 guards like Bradley Beal, James Harden, Zach Lavine, Jaylen Brown. And that’s just Eastern conference that’s not even adding guys like Devin Booker or Donovan Mitchell.

there is a ton of value in being able to slow those guys down. That’s why I love the idea of Kuminga he’s got that length and size to keep with the with Tatums and KDs and Kawhis. 

Keep Collin as your 6th man to give you that scoring  and I think you can be competitive for sure. He can bring in that scoring when you need it and then you’ve got a lot of length in your starting lineup  

Anyone else excited to root for a poorly ran franchise to hopefully get it right in the draft? Me too. Almost kidding. I’m pretty excited about Mobley personally. The fact that Green doesn’t want to come here says a lot because he would be probably the perfect fit. Suggs is my crush because of his heart and desire to win. 

I very obviously want Love gone and I feel he and sexton could bring us something more useful. I don’t hate sexton but you’re an undersized guard that isn’t Damien Lilliard. Sorry not sorry. If you offered the same I say keep him but he doesn’t. Very movable piece for us. It’s very interesting because our rebuild is very weird and can go a lot of different directions. Ultimately I think 1,2,3 are set. The ransom for for those pocks is too much. I think we end up with Mobley and the consensus I’ve saw and read was all 3 could be #1 picks in any draft.

5 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

Anyone else excited to root for a poorly ran franchise to hopefully get it right in the draft? Me too. Almost kidding. I’m pretty excited about Mobley personally. The fact that Green doesn’t want to come here says a lot because he would be probably the perfect fit. Suggs is my crush because of his heart and desire to win. 

I very obviously want Love gone and I feel he and sexton could bring us something more useful. I don’t hate sexton but you’re an undersized guard that isn’t Damien Lilliard. Sorry not sorry. If you offered the same I say keep him but he doesn’t. Very movable piece for us. It’s very interesting because our rebuild is very weird and can go a lot of different directions. Ultimately I think 1,2,3 are set. The ransom for for those pocks is too much. I think we end up with Mobley and the consensus I’ve saw and read was all 3 could be #1 picks in any draft.

It be great to pair him up with Love to get rid of him and get an asset. It be huge because we avoid Love and the rest of hos contract and we get to avoid paying Sexton the max

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

It be great to pair him up with Love to get rid of him and get an asset. It be huge because we avoid Love and the rest of hos contract and we get to avoid paying Sexton the max

who are you guys thinking are going to give us valuable assets in this trade? We aren't hurting cap wise, and Love will be off the books in two years max, so whats the no brainer deal out there that makes sense for moving Sexton? 

I believe I saw the Cavs wanted to get back in the top 10?  I wonder who they would be targeting, and what they could give up to make that happen?

I doubt that Sexton alone would be enough to make that happen, and I'm also not sure that it would be worth giving him up for a Franz Wagner type prospect?  Just bringing up his name, because he is a guy that seems to be at the bottom of the top 10 in many mock drafts.

If they found a way to get Kuminga, and needed to use Sexton?  Sure

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

I believe I saw the Cavs wanted to get back in the top 10?  I wonder who they would be targeting, and what they could give up to make that happen?

I doubt that Sexton alone would be enough to make that happen, and I'm also not sure that it would be worth giving him up for a Franz Wagner type prospect?  Just bringing up his name, because he is a guy that seems to be at the bottom of the top 10 in many mock drafts.

If they found a way to get Kuminga, and needed to use Sexton?  Sure

The guy I want to get back into the first round for is Trey Murphy. He is a dog defensively, can shoot very well and efficiently, and has a lot of upside. If we ended up down the road sending Sexton elsewhere, Okoro could slide into the starting 2 role, and Murphy into the 3 role. I am fine if we can find a way to trade up for Kuminga, but I think getting into the top 10 will be a challenge, though, NOP pretty much gave away their pick for cap relief. I wish one of the teams  drafting 7-15ish needed cap relief and had guys they wanted to get rid of for it. 

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck