Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

Rondo is making an impact on Garlands passing. 

Rondo might’ve been the best thing for him and his development at this point. 

he just had his first triple double of the season and he just went off for 17 assist vs OKC. I don’t think it’s coincidence. 

I really wonder what will end up happening with Collin 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

Rondo is making an impact on Garlands passing. 

Rondo might’ve been the best thing for him and his development at this point. 

he just had his first triple double of the season and he just went off for 17 assist vs OKC. I don’t think it’s coincidence. 

I really wonder what will end up happening with Collin 

11 hours ago, FGK said:

Came back from an 18 point 3rd quarter deficit. Garland with 27 and 18 (!!!). Dang this team is so much freaking fun to watch.

PS - We're on a 60+ win pace when Allen/Mobley/Garland all play.

Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office

That hate crime is the over 2 year contract dispute of Fox sports and TV providers that is still flipping ongoing

• Like 1

2 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Angry Season 2 GIF by The Office

That hate crime is the over 2 year contract dispute of Fox sports and TV providers that is still flipping ongoing

Its f'ng ridiculous--and they just came out a few months ago and said "Yeah this going independant thing didnt work out so we have to pivot".

I managed to steal my parents Direct TV login since they are still primal people who pay for satellite TV and downloaded the Bally Sports app on Roku/Chromecast and my CPU to watch games.

If you know anybody in your family that still pays for regular *** cable, I suggest giving them a call and see if they will give you their login for local sports. 

Cavs solidify playoff spot by going 5-1 on tough west coast road trip.  Currently there are several rumors that Cavs are aggressively looking for a few upgrades by making a trade or two.  IMHO the roster is set but an impact player or 2 way wing player might make a difference,  what do you think the Cavs should do in the trade market?

44 minutes ago, #32 said:

Cavs solidify playoff spot by going 5-1 on tough west coast road trip.  Currently there are several rumors that Cavs are aggressively looking for a few upgrades by making a trade or two.  IMHO the roster is set but an impact player or 2 way wing player might make a difference,  what do you think the Cavs should do in the trade market?

Stay put. I love our team, but we’re not a piece away from a championship. I’m not mortgaging the future for a vet wing, unless it’s a big-time all star caliber guy in his prime. That seems very unlikely to become available and we wouldn’t even have the trade package necessary to get that done.

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

What if we put all our trade assets in one deal

lets say 

2022 first rounder 

Collin 

Rubio

and Love I guess if necessary 

what could that get us lol

Nothing. Who would want two injured guards and a maxed out player in the twilight of his career? Plus, I don’t even think you’re allowed to trade players on IR.

Those guys are more valuable to us than they are to any other team. 

11 minutes ago, ViolenceIsYourFriend said:

Nothing. Who would want two injured guards and a maxed out player in the twilight of his career? Plus, I don’t even think you’re allowed to trade players on IR.

Those guys are more valuable to us than they are to any other team. 

Yes you are allowed to trade IR players. Sextons value is to hold his RFA rights. And with Rubio at least you’d have his bird rights. Love is doubtful but someone could be desperate for shooting and rebounding. He’s been playing well and only has one more year left. 

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yes you are allowed to trade IR players. Sextons value is to hold his RFA rights. And with Rubio at least you’d have his bird rights. Love is doubtful but someone could be desperate for shooting and rebounding. He’s been playing well and only has one more year left. 

Rubio's value is as an expiring contract. The other two you are correct about.

I'd hold and make some small moves to bolster depth. Mostly because I just don't love anyone who is available right now (at a price we would want to pay) as a fit for us long-term. And I think Okoro and Sexton's trade value will both go up by this time next year.

10 minutes ago, FGK said:

Rubio's value is as an expiring contract. The other two you are correct about.

I'd hold and make some small moves to bolster depth. Mostly because I just don't love anyone who is available right now (at a price we would want to pay) as a fit for us long-term. And I think Okoro and Sexton's trade value will both go up by this time next year.

The only move that would make sense that’s realistic would probably be Harrison Barnes. I’d trade any combination of those 3 to get him. Probably even including okoro. I’d like to retain rubios bird rights so I’d have to give him up but he could be brought back on the MLE next year. 

4 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

The only move that would make sense that’s realistic would probably be Harrison Barnes. I’d trade any combination of those 3 to get him. Probably even including okoro. I’d like to retain rubios bird rights so I’d have to give him up but he could be brought back on the MLE next year. 

Umm, hell no? I'm not moving either of our cost controlled, high upside young guard depth for a solid, but far from spectacular 3/4 tweener who is making 20 million dollars this year and 18 million next year. 

Rubio's expiring and a pick maybe. But Barnes just doesn't make a ton of sense for us. He's a 4/3 when we need a 2/3 or even a 1/2.

• Like 1

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck