Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

20 hours ago, FGK said:

It would take way more than Sexton/Okoro to get Simmons. And I don't think he's a good playoff fit with Allen/Mobley being better inside than outside guys right now. I like the IDEA of using our less necessary assets to grab a distressed star player. But I don't think Simmons is it. I'm looking at guys like SGA, Mikal Bridges, Brandon Ingram, Jaylen Brown, etc. Wings in situations where they might be gettable in the near future.

To get Simmons they would say Mobley.

8 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

How many teams in the NBA have two bigs that are 2 way players?

We are REALLY lucky to have that. It’s extremely difficult to find guys like that in todays league.

Yep, it's a super unique roster build and I love it.

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Simmons trade value has basically tanked. His attitude combined with his historically bad shooting isn’t something teams want to give up a lot for. 

not event that. You also had Morey bashing simmons. Runs his name through the dirt but it seems like when it gets brought to the trading block, its now worth Gold.

On 12/3/2021 at 9:23 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

This team is a defensive juggernaut. And Garland looks like a stud now without Sexton there to take shots away and play duel PG. 

Sexton was/is a black hole on offense. Ever since Sexton has been out Garland has been able to really show case all his ability. Offense should always be ran through his hands from now. Sexton injury was a blessing really

• Like 1

4 hours ago, braylon said:

I wouldn't trade Mobley straight up for Simmons (nevermind NBA cap and how that's impossible, strictly speaking about them as players).

the way he is playing, there is not a lot of players I think the Cavs would be willing to make a straight up 1 for 1 player trade. Even then, Mobley looks like a future top 5 player, he is playing like a top tier player at the moment and is on a rookie deal.

Koby has built himself a nice team and that Lauri trade looks like a damn steal right now