Random Thoughts - Training Camp edition

dll2000

24 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

My wife has this insecure friend and early in our relationship years ago we were at a mutual friends house doing a walk through of house they had just bought and decorated.

This lady trying to be friends with me whispers to me that she really didn't like these picture frames on the wall that this other couple had picked out.

I deadpanned, "That is exactly what we have at our house" and walked away.

I think she died a thousand deaths in that moment from look on her face.  

Of course I am no good at keeping a straight face so I gave it away laughing a few minutes later.

This is great. Know it or not, your name has been brought up to a therapist im sure. Lol

This is Sugashane approved. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

If he ever does get fired all he's going to do is get a green screen and pay one person to do editing and we will see this on TV somewhere... and I will be watching it

This video is a reason why I don't really like girls and boys playing physical sports together.   A big hit boy on girl just doesn't feel very good or look right.   I guess I am old fashioned.    I think this is in New Zealand.  

Not a great place to put this, as we shouldnt really have a Draft thread up at this point, and I didnt want to derail the actual training camp thread, but I was having a conversation and I wanted to post the question here.

While I think we will be picking in the Top 10 this year, I think its the back end, BUT if we end up with a Top4 pick, I have a hypothetical;

-the OL is a clear work in progress, but Jones looks like a keeper

-Fields looks like he is worth a real shot as the Franchise QB

-Mooney looks like a legit #1 that we will be paying in the offseason

-We put together some encouraging performances, but only pull out wins vs HOU, ATL, NYJ and split with DET, stay competitive with the other non-playoff teams, but arent close to the contenders. 

So heres my question, JSN is there for us at #4, but so is Will Anderson. Who are you taking?

21 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Not a great place to put this, as we shouldnt really have a Draft thread up at this point, and I didnt want to derail the actual training camp thread, but I was having a conversation and I wanted to post the question here.

While I think we will be picking in the Top 10 this year, I think its the back end, BUT if we end up with a Top4 pick, I have a hypothetical;

-We put together some encouraging performances, but only pull out wins vs HOU, ATL, NYJ and split with DET, stay competitive with the other non-playoff teams, but arent close to the contenders. 

So heres my question, JSN is there for us at #4, but so is Will Anderson. Who are you taking?

I have a hard time seeing Anderson still on the board if we are talking about how things look like they will project. Of course that will change throughout the season. Anderson is a major talent for sure but we need blue chippers on offense. The city will burn if they don't invest in offense substantially next year.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dll2000 said:

This video is a reason why I don't really like girls and boys playing physical sports together.   A big hit boy on girl just doesn't feel very good or look right.   I guess I am old fashioned.    I think this is in New Zealand.  

The minute I saw her running I knew this was trouble. Why did the people out there even allow this to occur?

42 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

I don't think JSN is worth a top 5 pick. He's a great route runner but isn't fast, physical, etc. I'd much rather take a flyer on a guy like Boutte with a trade down. Anderson at 4 is a no brainer and so is Jalen Carter if nobody offensively is worth it there

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

I have a hard time seeing Anderson still on the board if we are talking about how things look like they will project. Of course that will change throughout the season. Anderson is a major talent for sure but we need blue chippers on offense. The city will burn if they don't invest in offense substantially next year.

But one first round pick isnt going to completely change this offense. Especially if Mooney is proving to be a capable #1 that we give a massive contract to. 

And thats why I said Top 4 pick, could be anywhere in there. And its not all that far fetched to think that Stroud and Young are the Top 2 picks (or one of the other QB prospects that rise, possibly even as the #3 pick)

29 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I don't think JSN is worth a top 5 pick. He's a great route runner but isn't fast, physical, etc. I'd much rather take a flyer on a guy like Boutte with a trade down. Anderson at 4 is a no brainer and so is Jalen Carter if nobody offensively is worth it there

I very much agree with this, but its the most often mocked to us. Maybe he improves strength/physicality this year and I change my mind, but I dont think hes a game changer at the NFL level right now.

And Im using Anderson as the foil to JSN, as he is a generational talent, not just a good Corner or fast rusher.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Maybe one to keep an eye on.

I am sad for her family when she passes, but I don't get the Bears fan and media hero worship of her as a public persona.

I am not aware of any noteworthy deeds or accomplishments by her.  

3 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

But one first round pick isnt going to completely change this offense. Especially if Mooney is proving to be a capable #1 that we give a massive contract to. 

And thats why I said Top 4 pick, could be anywhere in there. And its not all that far fetched to think that Stroud and Young are the Top 2 picks (or one of the other QB prospects that rise, possibly even as the #3 pick)

Well, if the board falls like that and we are at number four and Anderson is staring us in the face you have to take the talent. The city will still burn, but the talent is undeniable. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dll2000 said:

I am sad for her family when she passes, but I don't get the Bears fan and media hero worship of her as a public persona.

I am not aware of any noteworthy deeds or accomplishments by her.  

Everything old and traditional that is associated with this franchise is worshiped. That's simply the way this franchise is. I don't subscribe to the mindset but it is what it is.

2 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Everything old and traditional that is associated with this franchise is worshiped. That's simply the way this franchise is. I don't subscribe to the mindset but it is what it is.

I mean the article which is supposed to be a tribute says she was around since way back when, is a woman and a symbol.

I wouldn't want that to be my obituary or resume.

He was a man.  He lived a long time.  His dad was rich and he inherited the company.