Random Thoughts - Training Camp edition

dll2000

7 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Oh I know. Believe I'm aware of Nagy's play-calling. There were also times when Kmet was open in the end zone and Fields either didn't see him &/or he wasn't his first read.  There were also a couple times Kmet dropped the ball in the end zone too.

It looks like Kmet won't be coming off the field much if at all in this offense.  Beat guys were saying on day 1 that he was very much being used in the redzone.

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

It looks like Kmet won't be coming off the field much if at all in this offense.  Beat guys were saying on day 1 that he was very much being used in the redzone.

Yeah I think he'll get plenty of opportunities too.

I think Mooney, Kmet, and Monty will be Fields top 3 targets.

• Like 1

I mean Kmet doesn't even look like same guy as last year.

He is bigger, leaner and faster.

He seems happier with new staff and scheme. 

He has now had tons of offseason and camp reps with Fields.

The comparisons to Kmet of last year on that team with that staff are kind of waste of time if you ask me.  

• Like 1

Among the 23 TEs with 60+ targets, Kmet was also 14th in yards/reception, 20th in yards/target, and 17th in catch %.

There are 4-5 elite TE in the NFL and another 4-5 good TE. Kmet's below all of them. The 12th best TE in any NFL season is JAG.

He looked much better this preseason though. Seems like he's transformed his body. I'm hoping his career takes off.

Edited by abstract_thought
  • Like 1

Anyone got a good weed/feed recommendation?  Or just a pure weed killer?  My yard is out of control  and i need to do something about it.  I had a landscaper help out this spring and it started to look good, but then quickly turned to crap again recently.

43 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

Anyone got a good weed/feed recommendation?  Or just a pure weed killer?  My yard is out of control  and i need to do something about it.  I had a landscaper help out this spring and it started to look good, but then quickly turned to crap again recently.

I have a lawn guy that comes and sprays my yard every 6 weeks, only thing is I'm in Texas and I think it would be a little expensive for you to bring him up there.

57 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

I have a lawn guy that comes and sprays my yard every 6 weeks, only thing is I'm in Texas and I think it would be a little expensive for you to bring him up there.

Hmm…yeah I’m looking to spend like $30-$60 on a product.  Would he accept $60?  I’ll let him nap in one of my guest rooms before he heads back to texas.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CBears019 said:

They all have mostly same ingredients if you look at bottles.

The hose attachment ones work best in my experience.  I tried spreader years ago and it did nothing really.

I need to do my yard too.   Been too busy at work to take care of yard of late.

Cut lawn really low and you can't tell it is weedy.

13 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

https://www.shawlocal.com/bears/2022/09/01/an-update-on-our-friend-and-colleague-hub-arkush/

Apparently Hub Arkush suffered a medical emergency last month while leaving Halas Hall, and has been hospitalized ever since.  That’s pretty scary, must be real serious to be hospitalized that long.

Hopefully he'll have a full recovery and return home.  Thoughts and prayers to his family as well.

• Like 1