Random Thoughts - Training Camp edition

dll2000

On 8/8/2022 at 6:57 PM, StLunatic88 said:

Could be wrong but I believe he was saying this in the sense of PFT saying how he was Rodgers “Owner”, it was after the “I Own You” topic was brought up

Although I’d argue anyone who buys those pieces of the Packers are the idiots 

Nothing to argue there. The stocks the packers sold to fans to become “owners” of the franchise are non-transferable. Essentially you bought a piece of paper with words on it for $300, immediately dropping the value of your investment from $300 to $0 lol. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Nothing to argue there. The stocks the packers sold to fans to become “owners” of the franchise are non-transferable. Essentially you bought a piece of paper with words on it for $300, immediately dropping the value of your investment from $300 to $0 lol. 

No one has ever accused Packer fans of have high intelegence.

On 8/9/2022 at 10:28 PM, chisoxguy7 said:

I’d have some interest in making it a charity league. Small buy in, winner of championship chooses charity for 75% of the pot, winner of consolation bracket chooses charity for 25% of the pot.

I would be interested in a charity league.

I did one years ago that was like a stock market/ salary cap.   So you had like 30 million, but Marshall Faulk cost like 9 million.  Then values went up and down based on how many people in system would buy him or sell him week to week.  

So I had Kurt Warner early at like 2 million and he was worth like 15 million at end of year.   It worked something  like that.  Long time ago, but I remember it was fun .

You could grow your cap with good moves and you weren’t stuck primarily with your original selections.  

In FF usually funnest part is draft and rest of year is kind of boring.   And you basically quit if your main guys get hurt.  

This keeps you involved and not reliant on active players for trades or dead if someone gets injured.

8 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Funny that I bash Bears prospects quite often, but I get upset and argumentative when non-Bears fans do same. 

Well they may be bums but they are our bums!

Edited by Bfan
  • Like 1

Sunday my son plays his first football game since we moved back to my hometown. Kid will get to play lightweights and heavyweights. 

LW - TE and MLB (2lbs too heavy to run so he is a frequent pulling TE.)

HW - QB and OLB

His cousins are both older and HWs. One is the HB and MLB and the other is a FB and the other OLB. 

Daughter is cheerleading this year but will be playing football next year. She already warms up with the team and runs with them.  Ugh. 

6 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Sunday my son plays his first football game since we moved back to my hometown. Kid will get to play lightweights and heavyweights. 

LW - TE and MLB (2lbs too heavy to run so he is a frequent pulling TE.)

HW - QB and OLB

His cousins are both older and HWs. One is the HB and MLB and the other is a FB and the other OLB. 

Daughter is cheerleading this year but will be playing football next year. She already warms up with the team and runs with them.  Ugh. 

Be careful if games are in same day.  Some states have laws and a lot of orgs. have rules about doing that with football mainly because of concussion safety.

Not that anyone is going to notice or look into it.   Just sayin.