Random Thoughts - Training Camp edition

dll2000

3 hours ago, Bigbear72 said:

Sure. But they were accused by some of the most unreliable sources available. Literally nothing credible about either story. People get accused of stuff all the time, it doesn't make it noteworthy. Just saying, it probably isn't worth sharing clickbait. 

Would you have had a problem if his ex said that Blackson donated to a charity and it was posted here? Afterall, it's not from a reliable source. So why post it since we can't believe it, right?

I don't see anything wrong with sharing possible stories about players. Regardless if it's click bait or not. Even "credible" sources post clickbait all the time (see rapaport) and they get reposted here and nobody has an issue with it. Bears kool-aid-drinking beat writers post BS about players with no context JUST to post some jolly-go-lucky BS and fans eat it up -- see the slurpers over at dabearsblog.

50 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Would you have had a problem if his ex said that Blackson donated to a charity and it was posted here? Afterall, it's not from a reliable source. So why post it since we can't believe it, right?

I don't see anything wrong with sharing possible stories about players. Regardless if it's click bait or not. Even "credible" sources post clickbait all the time (see rapaport) and they get reposted here and nobody has an issue with it. Bears kool-aid-drinking beat writers post BS about players with no context JUST to post some jolly-go-lucky BS and fans eat it up -- see the slurpers over at dabearsblog.

Admittedly I would not have had a problem with it. I would have probably not even cared one way or the other as I don't look for athletes to be role models. Most benign statements I wouldn't have a problem with. However, if there is character assassination and slander involved to this degree, then yes I would like to see a credible source. When something is posted that could be harmful to someone else I absolutely want the source to have some credibility to it. Now if he did it then burn him at the stake. And for the record, I don't really take most of what Bears beat writers write seriously. I've been a fan too long for that. That being said, I would still take them more seriously than a "criminal" incident that is reported first to IG or TikToc with seemly no follow up. Sorry, not sorry.

Edited by Bigbear72

12 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Admittedly I would not have had a problem with it. I would have probably not even cared one way or the other as I don't look for athletes to be role models. Most benign statements I wouldn't have a problem with. However, if there is character assassination and slander involved to this degree, then yes I would like to see a credible source. When something is posted that could be harmful to someone else I absolutely want to source to have some credibility to it. Now if he did it then burn him at the stake. And for the record, I don't really take most of what Bear beat writers write seriously. I've been a fan too long for that. That being said, I would still take them more seriously than a "criminal" incident that is reported first to IG or TikToc with seemly no follow up. Sorry, not sorry.

I'm just offering some perspective. I personally treat it as any other speculated rumor that gets posted here (good or bad)--I'll believe it when I see it. Now if people jump to conclusions based on rumors like this one then I have a big problem with that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I'm just offering some perspective. I personally treat it as any other speculated rumor that gets posted here (good or bad)--I'll believe it when I see it. Now if people jump to conclusions based on rumors like this one then I have a big problem with that.

Fair enough.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

The human lesson on gossip, rumors and even news is and always has been don’t judge people quickly when you don’t know all facts.

We are all guilty of it at times.  

I wholeheartedly agree with this. The thing about this is that it is a lot harder for people to shake negative images of themselves than it is to lose a positive one because people are much more likely to buy in and gravitate towards all things negative. I have seen this happen firsthand to people that I am very close to. I try to wait and gather as much information as a can about someone before drawing any conclusions about them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bigbear72 said:

I wholeheartedly agree with this. The thing about this is that it is a lot harder for people to shake negative images of themselves than it is to lose a positive one because people are much more likely to buy in and gravitate towards all things negative. I have seen this happen firsthand to people that I am very close to. I try to wait and gather as much information as a can about someone before drawing any conclusions about them.

When I used to do film breakdowns with kids back in day I had to really emphasize that fact of human nature to them and be aware of it myself in what I said and how I said it.   

I told them people naturally focus on the negative.  Everyone does it.  You can hear someone say 7 really positive things about you and 1 negative and you will better remember the negative.    

• Like 1

Would anyone do a Robert Quinn for Kenny Golladay trade?

NYG puts a pass rusher opposite keyvon, still able to start toney, shepard, slayton while unloading last few years of KG deal

CHI gets a potential #1/#2 that can GUAGI a field's throw and would compliment mooney pretty well. allows for VJ and pringle to live in the slot. 

2 minutes ago, HuskieBear said:

NYG puts a pass rusher opposite keyvon, still able to start toney, shepard, slayton while unloading last few years of KG deal

CHI gets a potential #1/#2 that can GUAGI a field's throw and would compliment mooney pretty well. allows for VJ and pringle to live in the slot. 

No.   Golladay has done nothing last two years and you are on hook with him for another season contractually.  

Quinn performed to his contract last year.

They aren't looking to trade an aging vet for an aging vet like for like anyway.  Bears are looking for a draft pick in first 3 rounds.  

If they had one in hand Quinn would be gone already.  None of contenders have a need at the moment though at that price.  May change with a camp injury which is what Poles is hoping.  

• Like 1

I was angry YouTube recommended watching the 2010 NFC championship game between GB and Chi but now I’m watching it. It’s a time machine seeing some of these players. God I wish we had our 2006 defense with our 2013 offense for this. And our 2006 return man. 

On 7/22/2022 at 5:17 PM, HuskieBear said:

Kenny Golladay hasn’t performed since before Covid was a thing. He’s also making a considerable amount of money for the lack of production he’s had. As it stands, I would be hesitant to send a 5th or 6th round pick for that, and is Robert Quinn worth a 5th or 6th round pick, after coming off an elite pass rushing season? No. If it was Quinn for Golladay and a 2? Absolutely. 

7 hours ago, blkwdw13 said:

Just got back from Bermuda, second time being there. It's one of those places I wish I lived at, such a beautiful place. Oh well back to Texas.

I went there in 2018. It was very nice. Crazy how it's east of Virginia yet it's a tropical place

• Like 1