Random Thoughts - Training Camp edition

dll2000

32 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Lot of missed layups. Thought I was watching WNBA but was entertained, so clearly something was off. 

I didn't even know this game existed until I saw it here earlier and I'm not ashamed to admit that I spent a good 20-30 minutes watching it on youtube tonight lol.

I love how these guys are already having individual wrestling matches in the middle of the court before tip-off lol.  Never thought I would ever see that in a basketball game. Not legally anyhow. I felt like I was watching a Russian remake version of unnecessary roughness.  Maybe guys like Rasheed and Artest....and even Javon Wims.....missed their true calling.

necessary-roughness-drop-kick.gif

I also like their penalty box at the 0:50 mark. I mean that is funny to me. It's like..."here's your punishment for breaking the rules. You get center court seats in this padded chair that is placed right next to the ref".  I know he didn't use the chair but still...you know others did. At least make them sit on a stacked pile of cinder blocks or something to discourage it while also adding more to the entertainment. 

• Like 1

So my gamepass just rolled over to NFL plus.

There is no coaches film on old games - which they say there should be. 

They already billed my credit card in full - even though I had it on do not automatically resubscribe option from gamepass.   Which was hidden and really hard to find last year in first place.   And now I find out it didn't even work.  

Then when I follow and click on their main links from their email confirmation to play a game to test it, it keeps wanting to sign me up for a free trial with new billing info - even though they already charged me.  

But I discovered if I click on the game info over to right of screen instead of the obvious big window for game, the game will then play without signing up for new trial.

I wonder how many people will be double billed as they sign up again.  

Of yeah I can only apparently watch it on a notebook computer, tablet or phone.   No more Xbox or playstation apps.  Which will suck.  If I want to watch it on my big screen I have to hook up an HDMI cord to my computer which also means it will be a pain in butt too pause, rewind and fast forward unless I keep computer right next to me.   Much easier with Xbox controller.   

This product was better years ago.   You had coaches film and you could draw on it and it worked.

One good thing is games are live now and they made it cheaper.  Two good things.  

Edited by dll2000

1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

Lucky you man…I am still stuck with a £150 gamepass for another year 😂 surely it wouldn’t have been hard to make NFL+ available outside the states.

Its still ridiculous that version of HUDL I used 10 years ago is ten x better than NFL product when NFL is a mega corporation and charging far more for it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dll2000 said:

If I want to watch it on my big screen I have to hook up an HDMI cord to my computer which also means it will be a pain in butt too pause, rewind and fast forward unless I keep computer right next to me.   Much easier with Xbox controller.   

Sounds like a wireless keyboard and mouse are in order!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, dll2000 said:

There is no coaches film on old games - which they say there should be. 

They've been doing that for a few years now. They only show the current year up until July 30th and then it gets archived.

They already billed my credit card in full - even though I had it on do not automatically resubscribe option from gamepass.   Which was hidden and really hard to find last year in first place.   And now I find out it didn't even work.  

I also just noticed they did the same thing to me. I checked this a few days ago and it said that I was still subbed until Aug. 10th and then it would expire. But I checked my account just now and none of this shows now.  Then I checked my bank and associated email and sure enough they automatically charged me.  What a garbage business practice.

YOUR NFL+ PREMIUM ANNUAL SUBSCRIPTION HAS OFFICIALLY BEGUN FOR THIS SEASON. YOUR PAYMENT HAS BEEN PROCESSED AND YOU HAVE BEEN CHARGED $79.99, PLUS APPLICABLE TAXES.

Edited by JAF-N72EX
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Its still ridiculous that version of HUDL I used 10 years ago is ten x better than NFL product when NFL is a mega corporation and charging far more for it.

Mega corperation=technologically inept! Most big corporations are run by old suits with little knowledge and less imagination on how to use technology. Some companies whose primary business is technology are better but always slow to adapt and inept at implementing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bfan said:

Mega corperation=technologically inept! Most big corporations are run by old suits with little knowledge and less imagination on how to use technology. Some companies whose primary business is technology are better but always slow to adapt and inept at implementing.

I run into that issue at work all the time.  We’ll try to get CCTV footage from massive corporations like Walmart and target and you could barely recognize your own mother in the video.  Then you go to some little mom and pop, hole-in-the-wall restaurant and with their cameras you can zoom in and count the freckles on a persons face in the parking lot.  Frustrating.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Bfan said:

8 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

I run into that issue at work all the time.  We’ll try to get CCTV footage from massive corporations like Walmart and target and you could barely recognize your own mother in the video.  Then you go to some little mom and pop, hole-in-the-wall restaurant and with their cameras you can zoom in and count the freckles on a persons face in the parking lot.  Frustrating.

It's because technology is innovation, and innovation costs money. What do big corporations like to do? Hoard money at all costs. Pretty much all "security" is nothing more than security theater anyways. CCTV, TSA, the very lock on the door to your home--they all do nothing more than deter the laziest and least creative/persistent/desperate criminals.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, chisoxguy7 said:

It's because technology is innovation, and innovation costs money. What do big corporations like to do? Hoard money at all costs. Pretty much all "security" is nothing more than security theater anyways. CCTV, TSA, the very lock on the door to your home--they all do nothing more than deter the laziest and least creative/persistent/desperate criminals.

But they arent even good at hoarding it. The local home depot has a higher up that let me know they have over $1mil of products disappear every year from that facility. People hate the environment so they dont try, security is a joke, etc. They recently had an order made for me (late by several hours but I put the worse r in for a day or two before I actually need it to compensate anyway) and the girl at the ProDesk waived me through. I got a call the next day asking if I would come get the order. Let him know and he acted like it happened all the time, just thanked me for being honest. 

Could have waked away with over $8K of material just because of laziness and poor organization. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CBears019 said:

I can def see how frustrating it must be from a law enforcement standpoint. Say you have an idea on who did it and the cam should be able to give you a near open shut case. Instead you are stuck with grainy black/white footage that looks like it was shot back in the 40's.

*Takes notes*

16 hours ago, Sugashane said:

But they arent even good at hoarding it. The local home depot has a higher up that let me know they have over $1mil of products disappear every year from that facility. People hate the environment so they dont try, security is a joke, etc. They recently had an order made for me (late by several hours but I put the worse r in for a day or two before I actually need it to compensate anyway) and the girl at the ProDesk waived me through. I got a call the next day asking if I would come get the order. Let him know and he acted like it happened all the time, just thanked me for being honest. 

Could have waked away with over $8K of material just because of laziness and poor organization. 

Many systems are weak and can be exploited if you have a mind to do so and a lack of morals.

I think people don’t understand how much we rely on individual ethics to maintain decent societies and when that worsens the society worsens.  

Much bigger factor than written laws or security systems.  

• Like 3

On 8/5/2022 at 9:39 AM, chisoxguy7 said:

While it is often being cheap not always.  When the company I worked for made the transition from Windows 7 to 10 they spent cose to 2 years making sure all the applications over 5 business units were compatible with it.  When you get big things get complicated. 

20 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I can def see how frustrating it must be from a law enforcement standpoint. Say you have an idea on who did it and the cam should be able to give you a near open shut case. Instead you are stuck with grainy black/white footage that looks like it was shot back in the 40's.

*Takes notes*

It’s so rare that there’s a camera in place where the crime happened, that’s operating at the time of the crime, with good quality, and an owner who’s willing to provide the footage.  It happens, but rare.  I couldnt tell you how many times my job would have been made so much easier if a camera was only positioned like a few degrees in a different direction.

Equally frustrating is when you have a camera capture an entire crime and people automatically assume that that’s all we need - go arrest the bad guy.  Camera footage is, at most, half the battle.