Training Camp 2022: Luh-trowb or Lay-trowb?

Dcash4

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

What if Rudolph just slides in and becomes the starter? Lmao

It’s funny, but If the default answer is to err the starter on the side of “veteran”, Mason is the actual choice. 

Look at the history of why teams make that decision and it’s guys who have been around the system/players and are anti-aggression. Out of the 4 options, that’s Mason. 

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he has a consistent, efficient, completely flash-less pre-season….but they made their decision on him when Mitch was immediately slotted as the 1. 

Not that I see it happening, but if Mason is somehow the starter week 1, I won't be watching.

We all know what he brings to the table, and that is absolutely nothing.

Again, its not like I have faith in any of the QBs, but at least Pickett and even Trubisky have room to grow in Canada's offense.  Rudolph is limp armed, largely immobile player with absolutely no upside whatsoever.....may as we ask Ben to come back another year.

First Team Offense:
QB Trubisky
RB Harris
WR Johnson
WR Pickens
SLOT Claypool
TE Freiermuth
LT Moore
LG Dotson
C Cole
RG Daniel
RT Okorafor

Claypool in the big slot is interesting.  I understand that Austin took a short pass 60 yards but i do not know if that was in shorts or pads.

Diontae Johnson sat out team drills during Wednesday's practice.

Johnson was on the field in uniform, but he was off to the side for most of practice. Entering the final year of his rookie contract, it looks like Johnson will be joining the latest craze and "holding in" until he gets a new deal. After the receiver market exploded this offseason, it is not a given the two sides will come to an agreement.

SOURCE: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Jul 27, 2022, 5:05 PM ET

Austin was brought in to replace him so i have no worries

Edited by jebrick

4 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I want to see Rudolph win the job now. See if @43Mis a man of his word lol.

7 to 10 years ago, that would admittedly be an empty threat.

Now, my interest in the NFL is at an all time low and I have alot more going on.   I used to hate missing a single snap.    Missing a few games in 2022 isnt a big deal.

4 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

You’d come crawling back week 4 after we start 4-0.

Of course I would.

Id also like to go home and find Margot Robbie and the winning Mega Millions ticket on my bed, but much like Mason going 4-0, that's likely not going to happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 43M said:

7 to 10 years ago, that would admittedly be an empty threat.

Now, my interest in the NFL is at an all time low and I have alot more going on.   I used to hate missing a single snap.    Missing a few games in 2022 isnt a big deal.

Of course I would.

Id also like to go home and find Margot Robbie and the winning Mega Millions ticket on my bed, but much like Mason going 4-0, that's likely not going to happen.

Ah I love you man. Even if you quit the team you better not leave here.