49ers Training Camp 2022 Thread

49erurtaza

4 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

Anyone think Kerry Hyder gets cut? He looks slow and sluggish to me and he's at the bottom of the depth chart, for me. We have 8 DEs and I'd love to carry all but Barrett, but that would mean we'd only carry 3 interior guys, which is not ideal. 

Hyder is DE 7 for me. If we keep 6, Hyder would be the odd man out.

I had turay cut on my 53, but yes, I think Hyder / turay / Willis are fighting for 2 spots. 

I think we will keep Ridgeway because of his size

11 minutes ago, Forge said:

I had turay cut on my 53, but yes, I think Hyder / turay / Willis are fighting for 2 spots. 

I think we will keep Ridgeway because of his size

This is exactly where I'm at. I have Turay and Willis making it. Turay's run defense has been noticeably good and Willis is generating consistent pressure every game this pre-season, plus he's a trusted special teamer. 

Ridgeway stays simply because he's large, that's it. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I would like him to provide context that he has witnessed in camp since he has seen damn near every practice. He should not just take everything Lynch says at face value and actually give his own assessment. This is the issue with Lombardi. The coach or GM can say the earth is flat and he will believe it! 

Noo!!!! Do your damn job and say what YOU have seen at practice and if you agree or disagree that Sermon has been one of the best players in camp. 

Yeah this could very well be coach speak to increase the value for Sermon for a possible trade scenario. I dont read the quote and immediately believe Sermon is a lock.

2 minutes ago, clarkfn2284 said:

Yeah this could very well be coach speak to increase the value for Sermon for a possible trade scenario. I dont read the quote and immediately believe Sermon is a lock.

I mean they are trying extra hard to showcase him and it just didn't work. He's going to end up getting cut. 

Just now, AustrianNiner said:

I know nothing about the Raiders' RB depth, but Sermon for Leatherwood?

They just cut Kenyan Drake, and they drafted a guy this year. Ameer Abdullah beat out Drake. So they have at least 3 with Jacobs in the last year of his deal.  

But I would make a move like that just because.

Leatherwood really wouldn't be a bad option to see if the team can find another Tomlinson, but to be blunt, he's been pretty bad lol 

Just now, Forge said:

They just cut Kenyan Drake, and they drafted a guy this year. Ameer Abdullah beat out Drake. So they have at least 3 with Jacobs in the last year of his deal.  

But I would make a move like that just because.

Leatherwood really wouldn't be a bad option to see if the team can find another Tomlinson, but to be blunt, he's been pretty bad lol 

Pretty bad is still better than comically bad like a lot of our OL lol

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Forge said:

According to Fowler, the Raiders are either cutting or trading Leatherwood. 

I was looking through who the 49ers could trade for to play at RT and I saw Leatherwood's name and thought "I can see them trading him, but I also heard he was terrible at RT." 

From an athletic standpoint, I think he could work in this offense, but can he actually block people?

1 minute ago, NinerNation21 said:

I was looking through who the 49ers could trade for to play at RT and I saw Leatherwood's name and thought "I can see them trading him, but I also heard he was terrible at RT." 

From an athletic standpoint, I think he could work in this offense, but can he actually block people?

He's not a tackle, I'm pretty sure

1 hour ago, Forge said:

He's not a tackle, I'm pretty sure

He's listed as one on Spotrac and a couple of other places I've looked for Tackles, but yeah I've heard he's better inside. 

The need for us is RT, though. Getting someone at RT would allow McKivitz to kick inside primarily, which is where the team wanted him to go. Same for Moore. 

I have no idea who we could trade for that would be decent at RT.

2 minutes ago, NinerNation21 said:

He's listed as one on Spotrac and a couple of other places I've looked for Tackles, but yeah I've heard he's better inside. 

The need for us is RT, though. Getting someone at RT would allow McKivitz to kick inside primarily, which is where the team wanted him to go. Same for Moore. 

I have no idea who we could trade for that would be decent at RT.

Yeah, he can't play there.  

Also, I'm much more looking for a guard than a tackle right now unless we hear that McG is out for a prolonged period of time. 

Hers my Oline guess for week 1. 

LT: Williams

LG: Banks

OC: Brendel

RG: Brunskill

RT: MCG 

Not that I don't want Burford to start but at this point I trust Brunskill. Maybe down the line or next year, Burford starts but we need experience on Oline with Lance. 

Edited by 49erurtaza