Eagles Training Camp 2022

Kiltman

Imagine a QB with better players , job security and playing freely with no restrictions in a system he "now knows" in year two possibly getting better?

Shocking, I know.

Oh wait, his arm talent and decision making still sucks. I forgot.  

Edited by Nabbs4u

7 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Imagine a QB with better players , job security and playing freely with no restrictions in a system he "now knows" in year two possibly getting better?

Shocking, I know.

You keep forgetting for some reason. 

I think it's more his processing speed than his decision making.

No arguments on the lack of arm talent though. 

8 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Shocking, I know.

Brother I am all for optimism in TC but we haven't even made it to week one yet. We should pump the breaks on if Hurts has improved or not yet.

Heard on some podcast that Kyron has been pretty quiet in camp and Patrick has definitely been the better player on defense. I’m wondering how many LBs we are gonna keep cause it sounds like Patrick has earned his spot and I wanna keep Kyron too for special teams alone. Feels great to WANT to keep 8 linebackers lol.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy

13 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I think it's more his processing speed than his decision making.

Curious if you think that improves actually knowing the system instead of learning it on the fly along with teammates and a new coaching staff implementing a philosophy?

12 minutes ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Brother I am all for optimism in TC but we haven't even made it to week one yet. We should pump the breaks on if Hurts has improved or not yet

Yet if the roles were reversed (struggling) it would be nonstop 24/7 Jalen Hurts bashing. 

I agree nothing is for certain. Other then his obvious grasp of the this offense and playbook compared to last season. Those who refuse to believe it might of played a factor in his overall play as a QB in 2021, will always hate IMO. That's all.

Im looking forward hopefully to a healthy 2022 and finding out one way or another.

53 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Curious if you think that improves actually knowing the system instead of learning it on the fly along with teammates and a new coaching staff implementing a philosophy?

Might happen. He is has plenty of experience and never been his forte though. All of the criticism on that area is valid and being better should be considered the exception. 

58 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

Yet if the roles were reversed (struggling) it would be nonstop 24/7 Jalen Hurts bashing. 

I agree nothing is for certain. Other then his obvious grasp of the this offense and playbook compared to last season. Those who refuse to believe it might of played a factor in his overall play as a QB in 2021, will always hate IMO. That's all.

Im looking forward hopefully to a healthy 2022 and finding out one way or another.

Ok....

I am not a big Hurts believer and I will agree there was many things that were working against him last season. There were also a lot of things that were working for him(top 5 OL, top tier running game, opponents not really knowing what a new offense was going to do). Pretty much every young QB has plenty of adversity to deal with. The best overcome it while the majority don't.

I hope he comes out and shows he has made a big jump. In general the TC reports have given me some optimism that might be the case... but I am just noting these are just TC reports and until the regular season hits lets refrain from pimping the boy.

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

I'm really interested to see how Hurts can progress as a passer. Mainly on going through his progressions quicker which it sounds like he has at camp. That and the deep accuracy being much improved can really propel us into a SB contender. 

Nabbs hanging on to these training camp blurbs like we haven’t seen Hurts for 20 REAL games already is making a difference. Let the kid prove it in season. It’d be nice for it to translate. Bradford won a SB in training camp. Remember? Everyone’s full of hope this time of year. But Hurts has some major progressing to go through to become a legit QB threat in this league.