Around the League 2022

Bobby816

4 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I’d have to go back and rewatch but wasn’t one of the plays in question for a timeout when they spotted us a first down? Saleh didn’t want them to review it so they ran to the line. Still he needs to improve 

Ulbrich is getting by with talent. They never scheme anything to create pressure when we need it. It’s coming from Q, Huff and Lawson beating their guys 1 on 1. Then we have some of the best man corners in the entire world and 3rd down we won’t follow the number 1 WR. We’ll play soft zone with a LB and S and let them get a first. 

Ulbrich doesn't need to blitz a ton because his defense is solid.  Should mix in some blitz for clutch plays, though.

Oh God is Denver in big trouble. Is guess C. Rice is part owner and she wants the HC to report to her and not the GM. Gee what could go wrong by having people in DC running your football team. I think Denver will be bad for a very long time. Finally someone has it worse than the Jets. 

15 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Oh God is Denver in big trouble. Is guess C. Rice is part owner and she wants the HC to report to her and not the GM. Gee what could go wrong by having people in DC running your football team. I think Denver will be bad for a very long time. Finally someone has it worse than the Jets. 

Not sure if I follow you right but C. Rice?  Carrie is the daughter of the owner but she runs football duty with her husband.  After Paton screwed it up by hiring Hackett and trading for Wilson, I don't blame her.

I still think Sean Payton could end up as Broncos HC and keep Broncos' DC.  The rumor has swirled around about Payton and his "all star" coaching staff but I think it is the selling point for Chargers.  I ignore that and root for Brandon Staley to keep the Chargers job.

20 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I really wanted him. Great trade for the Ravens. 

I hope we find our LB of the future this offseason. 

Ravens gave up 2nd and 5th round picks for him so if it were for Jets their draft would be depleted.  JD had no reason to do that unless there was a playoff mandate. 

27 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Ravens gave up 2nd and 5th round picks for him so if it were for Jets their draft would be depleted.  JD had no reason to do that unless there was a playoff mandate. 

I'm not mad at us for not doing it. I just know I really wanted him in the draft and when he was available for trade.