Around the League 2022

Bobby816

25 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

I think I’m the only one here who likes Mann. 

He is okay but nothing special. If you add a Matt Araiza he can boom the ball a lot better than Mann. Just think if you are 3 and out around the 25-30 yard line he can pin them back on the other 20. That is how good this guy is. 

Hard pass on Araiza. Case was tossed because they couldn't prove 100% guilt in court, not because he didn't do it. It's hard to believe that he's actually innocent given his recorded conversation with her recommending her to get tested for STDs following the claimed event.

The sad reality is that it's incredibly difficult for victims of sexual assault to actually win criminal cases due to the high burden of proof requirements. I'd imagine he will still be found liable in civil court because the threshold is lower there. 

Let some other team extend an olive branch to a pedophile. We don't need that here.

*If this post is too far out of bounds mods can either message me and I'll delete/edit it down or the mods are welcome to. *

59 minutes ago, drew39k said:

Hard pass on Araiza. Case was tossed because they couldn't prove 100% guilt in court, not because he didn't do it. It's hard to believe that he's actually innocent given his recorded conversation with her recommending her to get tested for STDs following the claimed event.

The sad reality is that it's incredibly difficult for victims of sexual assault to actually win criminal cases due to the high burden of proof requirements. I'd imagine he will still be found liable in civil court because the threshold is lower there. 

Let some other team extend an olive branch to a pedophile. We don't need that here.

*If this post is too far out of bounds mods can either message me and I'll delete/edit it down or the mods are welcome to. *

I look at as if you are innocent until prove guilty and he was not proven guilty. So in my eyes he is innoncent. 

17 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

I look at as if you are innocent until prove guilty and he was not proven guilty. So in my eyes he is innocent. 

Here's my issue with that stance:

When a person commits a crime, like Robert Kraft when he went to orchids of Asia. Where he was recorded commiting the crime,but had the tape banned from being used as evidence, does that some how wipe away the fact that he committed the crime? While it does prevent him from being found guilty in court it doesn't change the fact that he was not innocent of commiting the crime. 

In theory, innocent until proven guilty in a court of law sounds great, but it's not without issues or exceptions. Hell, Al Capone, is "innocent" with exception to tax evasion...

Araiza, very much, personally alluded to having relations with the minor. I'm more than happy to let someone else tie their brand to his "Innocence". It's not worth the pr nightmare to bring this dude in for a small upgrade at the punter position.

• Like 1

You can forgive Araiza for having sex with the minor because she lied about her age. 

DNA result apparently came back to confirm that he was involved in sex activity with the minor.

The minor had bruises and blood after the sex with a couple other guys during she was intoxicated.

How could it be possible for law to not think that the case wont stick?  Lying about age destroyed everything? I shouldn't think so.   Those pathetic idiots took an intoxicated girl/woman alone and had sex with her without her consent. That is guilty and I roll with that way because an intoxicated person DOESN'T give a strange person a permission to intercourse AT ALL.

I didn't want Deshaun Watson before and now I repeat this wish for Araiza.

• Like 2

We're out of the playoffs right now. And if NE wins tonight.... we really have an uphill battle to be a playoff team. DET and JAX these next 2 weeks are not easy games. I in fact think we go 1-1 in the next 2 weeks. Making it very unlikely we make it to the playoffs. 

The one time I wanted Miami to win and they sucked it away. If I was a conspiracy theorist, I would blame Miami for losing on purpose just to **** the Jets.

Oh well, let’s just win our remaining games and put the pressure on everyone else. That’s my plan. 

39 minutes ago, xrade said:

The one time I wanted Miami to win and they sucked it away. If I was a conspiracy theorist, I would blame Miami for losing on purpose just to **** the Jets.

Oh well, let’s just win our remaining games and put the pressure on everyone else. That’s my plan. 

We want Miami to lose to put there playoff spot in play too. That means you have teams fighting for 2 spots not just 1. A lot can still happen. If the Cards beat NE that will pretty much keep everything in line except the Chargers move into the conversation. 

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

We want Miami to lose to put there playoff spot in play too. That means you have teams fighting for 2 spots not just 1. A lot can still happen. If the Cards beat NE that will pretty much keep everything in line except the Chargers move into the conversation. 

Chargers are ahead of us now with any easier schedule

46 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Chargers are ahead of us now with any easier schedule

Yes but you put Miami back in play. Right now if the jets beat Miami they are in. Your going to still have some loses that should not happen for these teams too. I still think the Jets get in with a win in Miami which I think the Jets will do. Miami still has the Jets, Pats and Bills. They could lose all three of those games. 

Edited by jetfuel34