Around the League 2022

Bobby816

This is the kind of football you get when two 9-8 teams play playoff games. This just is one more reason why i hated adding two teams to the playoffs. Sure it makes great TV, are Herbert & Trever, going to be great QB's yes , Am I glad the Jag won yes. that only because I live in Orlando area. Does this make it right adding two teams to the playoffs No

7 hours ago, doumeyer said:

This is the kind of football you get when two 9-8 teams play playoff games. This just is one more reason why i hated adding two teams to the playoffs. Sure it makes great TV, are Herbert & Trever, going to be great QB's yes , Am I glad the Jag won yes. that only because I live in Orlando area. Does this make it right adding two teams to the playoffs No

10-7 vs 9-8 and it was a great comeback, what does this have to do with adding an extra team?  It's not like it was an 8-9 team that came back or blew the lead.

Also emphasizes how important coaching is.

40 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

After going up 27-0 the Chargers ran the ball 8 times, threw it 25 times.  Holy crap! Sounds like something MLF would do.

This season especially, with all the huge moves around the league this offseason, the #1 factor in this league is coaching and front office.  Next is QB.   

Oh Please!  MLF wont' do that with Hall in the backfield.   Chargers had no excuse as they have star dual threat RB in Ekeler on the roster.  Shame that Brandon Staley didn't overrule that plan.

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

Dolphins scored 31 points against Bills?  What the Frak!

With Skylar Thompson at QB...

Really makes you wonder how Inept our coaches are that they couldn't identify the things each of their QBs did well and adjust the offense to fit...

Brick Purdy is a perfect example too. The team doesn't ask him to do things he can't do. Let him play with in his skill set and succeed.

2 hours ago, drew39k said:

With Skylar Thompson at QB...

Really makes you wonder how Inept our coaches are that they couldn't identify the things each of their QBs did well and adjust the offense to fit...

Brick Purdy is a perfect example too. The team doesn't ask him to do things he can't do. Let him play with in his skill set and succeed.

I think that’s why MLF got canned. It’s one thing if one guy is struggling but all 3 Quarterbacks struggled and the offense as a whole was a mess.

Daboll has the same ingredients that Judge had and their a game away from the NFCCG. 

Great coaches can manufacture points and give their teams a chance.

21 hours ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

After going up 27-0 the Chargers ran the ball 8 times, threw it 25 times.  Holy crap! Sounds like something MLF would do.

This season especially, with all the huge moves around the league this offseason, the #1 factor in this league is coaching and front office.  Next is QB.   

I think it comes down to character, leadership and good old fashioned heart.

Unfortunately so many players are bottle jobs. Can do it in the regular season or early on but when the game/season is on the line sooooo many choke. We are a prime example of that. 

Daniel Jones looking like Josh Allen yesterday. That Giants HC would have been a good hire. Shame we didn’t know much about him. It’s not like we’ve been coaching  against him in our division for years. 😒

Would have been a nice hire to partner with our rookie qb too. 

2 hours ago, KimuraGod said:

Daniel Jones looking like Josh Allen yesterday. That Giants HC would have been a good hire. Shame we didn’t know much about him. It’s not like we’ve been coaching  against him in our division for years. 😒

Would have been a nice hire to partner with our rookie qb too. 

That was my pick 100%. And for the exact reasons you see why he’s doing good. He made Jones who to me doesn’t have as much talent as Wilson look good in this league. He could’ve had Wilson as a franchise QB if he had his hands on him from the get go.

Whats done is done though and regardless of who’s at QB we need a guy as an OC, OL coach and QB coach that gets the best out of those guys. And just as big. Knows how to utilize each players talents. Don’t just have a plan and not alter it. Cater it to your guys