Week 10 GDT - Skins @ Saints - Sunday at 1pm EST on Fox!

Dome

Just now, navysaintsfan said:

I'm telling you, this has nothing to do with Lattimore. The defense started playing amazing without him in the lineup. Klein and Vacarro are the biggest pieces.

They started playing better without Lattimore the one week vs Carolina, but when he is in the line-up he makes a huge difference as well as he shuts down one side of the field.  I think this game would've been manageable if Lattimore was healthy all game because he would've been able to shutdown half the field so many of these big passing plays woulnd't have happened.

10 minutes ago, NS922 said:

This game is on the coaches. Sean didn't call enough runs, and Dennis Allen has called too many plays that left guys wide open. Lattimore getting injured was very unfortunate, but the coaches did the opposite of what they've been doing on this win streak. They didn't put their guys in position to succeed.

Leaving guys wide open is not on the playcalling lol, that's on the not covering guys. When you call a play certain guys have responsibilities for certain zones/people. If a guy comes in their zone they pick them up. The TD before the last one for example was Harris just leaving to go double cover another guy and leaving the dude wide open on that blitz play.

I know last week, a few of the more optimistic  Saints fans were making some comments on this team that made me roll my eyes.

The injuries killed us, but it’s not like the healthy players came to play either. Everyone looks flat. Looks like a few of players maybe were drinking the same koolaid a few fans were

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

I know last week, a few of the more optimistic  Saints fans were making some comments on this team that made me roll my eyes.

The injuries killed us, but it’s not like the healthy players came to play either. Everyone looks flat. Looks like a few of players maybe were drinking the same koolaid a few fans were

I'm glad I'm always skeptical and prepared for the Saints of old to show up. :D

Just now, domepatrol91 said:

The sad part is the offense really shot themselves in the foot.  It started with Payton calling dumb plays from the opening drive, Brees forcing balls, missing blocks, etc.  We've ran the ball well, there was no need to start forcing passes and running end arounds.

1 minute ago, Spartica4Real said:

Leaving guys wide open is not on the playcalling lol, that's on the not covering guys.

Dennis Allen knows he has backups in there that don't know wtf they're doing. You gotta call simple plays, give clear objectives, and make sure you have every offensive threat accounted for.

2 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

And the way some of you guys are acting is making me roll my eyes. It's a one score game vs a solid team that also beat Seattle in Seattle and the Rams. You guys are acting like we're getting blown out by the Browns for Christ's sake.

Offensive playcalling was bad, defensive replacements for Lattimore/Vaccaro/Klein have not played well at all, pass rush hasn't been there but we're up against a great OL, and Kirk has made some perfect throws today. 

4 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

And the way some of you guys are acting is making me roll my eyes. It's a one score game vs a solid team that also beat Seattle in Seattle and the Rams. You guys are acting like we're getting blown out by the Browns for Christ's sake.

Offensive playcalling was bad, defensive replacements for Lattimore/Vaccaro/Klein have not played well at all, pass rush hasn't been there but we're up against a great OL, and Kirk has made some perfect throws today. 

This is spot on!! Thank you

Archived