Browns RB Kareem Hunt requests trade

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Honest question: when was the last time a RB was traded for a 2nd round pick? And a backup on an expiring contract while we're at it.

Also...when was the last time a free agent RB signed a big enough contract for the team he left to get a 3rd round comp pick?

Fair question, but adding "backup" is kind of disingenuous. He is certainly of starter quality, you can throw in off the field issues to get his value back down to around a backup but to base that conclusion on his current depth chart... silly.

I don't see a 2nd. Or a 3rd. Maybe a 4th. Maybe the Browns would get a 5th back via a comp pick. So the difference is what? a 6th or 7th round value. I think he holds more value than that just being on the team.

Unless he isn't willing to play, I don't think you can get more value in return for him than what he is worth to you this year on the field.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Will he get enough $ on the open market to even yield a 3rd round comp pick?

I dont see why he wouldnt. He is one of the very best and most versatile RBs in the league in the middle of his prime that hasnt been ran into the ground. The only thing that might hamper it would be if teams were really still concerned about his off field incident from 3 years ago.

Some contender will pay him.

Edited by AkronsWitness

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

I dont see why he wouldnt. He is one of the very best and most versatile RBs in the league in the middle of his prime that hasnt been ran into the ground. The only thing that might hamper it would be if teams were really still concerned about his off field incident from 3 years ago.

Idk if he’s in his prime but he doesnt have the wear n tear of the typical 27 year old

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:
1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Buffalo should float a 4th round pick and see if they could get a bite. Hunt and James Cook could be a nice tandem with Josh Allen.

We would take a 4th I think 

This would probably vault Buffalo to the top of the AFC as well, Hunt does everything that Devin Singletary and Zack Moss were billed to do - but he's actually good at it.

Buffalo with a three down weapon at RB is downright lethal.

4 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Honest question: when was the last time a RB was traded for a 2nd round pick? And a backup on an expiring contract while we're at it.

Also...when was the last time a free agent RB signed a big enough contract for the team he left to get a 3rd round comp pick?

Back when Bill O'Brien was a GM... David Johnson for Hopkins and a 2nd?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

What about not staying on the field? Or being 28 by the time he plays on that deal?

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Well to get a 3rd round comp pick he's have to be a tackle, edge guy, QB, WR or CB. They just make a lot more money. That's a part (okay, all) of the determining factor.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

This would probably vault Buffalo to the top of the AFC as well, Hunt does everything that Devin Singletary and Zack Moss were billed to do - but he's actually good at it.

Buffalo with a three down weapon at RB is downright lethal.

A 4th for the browns turns a 1 year player into a 4 year player so the value would be there. Also we get to save money 

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Man, you have a very optimistic outlook on Hunt's next contract.

3 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well to get a 3rd round comp pick he's have to be a tackle, edge guy, QB, WR or CB. They just make a lot more money. That's a part (okay, all) of the determining factor.

The realization and devaluing of RBs is sad. 

Hunt is a absolute difference maker, one of the best at his position and is capable of single handedly winning games for you. What's he worth? A conditional 5th that will likely be used on a player that will be out of the league after his rookie contract 😂

Edited by AkronsWitness

19 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

We shall see, but its not that farfetched when the Browns hold all the cards and leverage in any trade talks. Its about how desperate another team gets throughout the year when injuries happen.

He's probably looking at 10-12 mil per year MAX and that would end up being a 4th rounder most likely.

I'd legit be fine with the Rams trading a 2nd for him though....I really don't care. Would probably make us the best offense in the league.

11 minutes ago, FrantikRam said:

He's probably looking at 10-12 mil per year MAX and that would end up being a 4th rounder most likely.

I'd legit be fine with the Rams trading a 2nd for him though....I really don't care. Would probably make us the best offense in the league.

I mean yeah I believe Hunts true value is that of a early 2nd round pick. If he somehow entered the 2022 draft as a veteran, he would likely go at the end of round 1 or early round 2.  His actual value in the world of the NFL where different positions have different values and GMs value draft picks more than proven players, is probably a 4th.

It makes absolutely no sense to me, but here we are. **** them picks. I love the Rams approach.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1