Browns RB Kareem Hunt requests trade

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

It’s not just about undervaluing the position they just took a RB in the second and Penny looked good last season. You’d be better off finding a different team to trade for him.

I mean sure, its not really the Seahawks or bust. There are a ton of teams out there that could use him. Maybe Miami will realize rostering 5 different C+ level RBs is stupid. The Bills if they want to go 'all-in' could use him. While James Conner looked good last year for the first time in forever, Hunt would be awesome in Arizona. The Bears if they are ever serious about putting actual talent on the field to help their young QB could definitely use him. He would be electric in San Fran if Shanny puts his 'My system can turn any RB into a good RB' ego aside. The Falcons havent had a legitimate RB since Michael Turner, maybe they would be smart to solidify that position to help 2023 FRP QB. The Jags could use him as a great option with Lawrence with Etienne's health already being a concern. Who is the Texans RB again? How invested are the Lions with Swift's injuries and rollercoaster on field impact? Could the Giants be smart and use Hunt next to Barkley who seemingly isnt cut out for a every down workhorse role with injuries?

Point being, there are about 20-25 teams that you could make a legitimate argument need Kareem Hunt and he would make their team significantly better. I think thats worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick IMO Though the way the NFL front offices value RBs, we will be lucky to get a 2029 conditional 5th rounder.

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 hour ago, Scoundrel said:

It’s not just about undervaluing the position they just took a RB in the second and Penny looked good last season. You’d be better off finding a different team to trade for him.

A team ready to play and contend now, not one that saw it's future without its QB last season.

25 minutes ago, ///mcompact said:

He knows that he's about to be 2014 DeMarco Murray'd if Watson is out for the season.   No juice left at his age to get another contract if that happens. 

Uhhh nah

That would never happen with Chubb plus our other RBs. Kareem is topping out at 200 TOUCHES regardless. 

He just wants to be paid. He got a year left. We keeping him. You can’t be mad with him wanting to stay. I do wish we would’ve gave him some of Njockus money, but I think we just let him leave as a FA and get a comp pick. 

can’t blame the hometown kid for wanting to stay home

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Uhhh nah

That would never happen with Chubb plus our other RBs. Kareem is topping out at 200 TOUCHES regardless. 

He just wants to be paid. He got a year left. We keeping him. You can’t be mad with him wanting to stay. I do wish we would’ve gave him some of Njockus money, but I think we just let him leave as a FA and get a comp pick. 

can’t blame the hometown kid for wanting to stay home

That and the fact that he is 26 years old, only played in 59 games and has never averaged more than 17 carries in a season. Hes not old and he has a ton of tread left on those tires. 

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Yeah your right I forgot how much teams overvalue draft picks and undervalue RBs.

Though Hunt is a top 10 RB in his prime without a ton of miles on his tires. I would like to believe in fantasy land he is worth a good asset in return.

He probably is, but I would still laugh if the Seahawks did. They shouldn't. Kareem Hunt isnt the difference for them between bad and good. 

21 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

He probably is, but I would still laugh if the Seahawks did. They shouldn't. Kareem Hunt isnt the difference for them between bad and good. 

Absolutely not, but if they are in the tank for Stroud/Young sweepstakes, it might behoove them to throw a asset for Hunt so that their young rookie FRP QB steps in next year with guys who can help him. A offense with Stroud/Young, Hunt, Metcalf and Lockett will make Seattle forget real quick about Wilson/Carson. Not throwing a 2nd or 3rd at Hunt because Rashad Penny played 6 competent games of football for the first time in his career is.....bad decision making.

As many QBs as the Browns have burned through in 20 years, I am a big advocate of surrounding your young QB with as much talent as possible to help him succeed. 

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Absolutely not, but if they are in the tank for Stroud/Young sweepstakes, it might behoove them to throw a asset for Hunt so that their young rookie FRP QB steps in next year with guys who can help him. A offense with Stroud/Young, Hunt, Metcalf and Lockett will make Seattle forget real quick about Wilson/Carson. Not throwing a 2nd or 3rd at Hunt because Rashad Penny played 6 competent games of football for the first time in his career is.....bad decision making.

As many QBs as the Browns have burned through in 20 years, I am a big advocate of surrounding your young QB with as much talent as possible to help him succeed. 

If they were in a tank for #1 pick mode, wouldn't it make more sense to keep the potential #33 -35 overall pick and then just try to sign Hunt in FA leading up to the draft?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

He is probably the best no.2 RB in the league. so yeah

Scheme fit too with the Vikings hiring Kevin O'Connell who works with Kevin Stefanski in the offseason in the same coaching clique. The Vikings are competitive with a strong run game too, and their star RB somewhat frequently gets hurt. I think a team that if they have a legit run game has a playoff glimmer makes more sense than say the Seahawks who are solidly in the rebuild phase.

Edited by Trojan