Browns RB Kareem Hunt requests trade

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

Scheme fit too with the Vikings hiring Kevin O'Connell who works with Kevin Stefanski in the offseason in the same coaching clique. The Vikings are competitive with a strong run game too, and their star RB somewhat frequently gets hurt. I think a team that if they have a legit run game has a playoff glimmer makes more sense than say the Seahawks who are solidly in the rebuild phase.

To be honest IMO Hunts best scheme isnt zone run, it would be RPO and a more power based scheme he doesnt have the greatest vision. He is more of a power back with great hands and routes. Chubb is IMO the best zone runningback in the league. 

• Like 1

It is worth noting that the Browns are both confident enough at runningback, and talented enough at runningback that they would have traded Hunt if a good offer had been presented. But It has not come up. 

Hunt is more valuable to the Browns than a 7th round pick, or a 6th round pick. No one would offer more than that for an expensive rental of a 'old' runningback. Unfortunately for Kareem, it is not the Browns who are against him, it is the market. 

The Cardinals and Raiders both could use a player like Hunt? And can afford to give him a short term raise, I think. Unfortunately (for Hunt), he’s got a ton of value as a cost controlled RB2/3DB for Cleveland. So his price would probably be too high for someone to pay. 

I’d say Miami too, but I’m not sure if they want to give up too much more draft capital. Hunt would be dangerous in LA but if he’s looking for $12M+/year, then LA wouldn’t make sense. 

2 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Moreover it is worth observing that Hunt is on a top contract for what he is a 3rd down back and a no.2 on the depth chart. He would be the Browns bell cow but Chubb is better than him. 

Hunt is better than 95% of the RBs in the NFL. The issue is that since him and Chubb have been in a timeshare for the past 2-3 years and they each have not been receiving true 'bell cow' touches like Taylor, Henry, Cook, ect. there is a false perception among some fans and potentially some FO members about how good each of them are.

If you gave Nick Chubb 20 carries per game, he would lead the league in rushing almost every single year. He has finished 2nd in the league in rushing twice. 2021 because Taylor had 110 more carries than him and in 2019 because the Texans let Henry rush for 215 yards in the final game of the year. Kareem Hunt already led the league in rushing on only 17 carries per game.

Chubb is a top 1-2 RB in the NFL and Hunt is probably a top 6-8 RB, the problem is they cannibalize eachother's stats so their true value is not perceived correctly all the time by those raw stat watchers.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Instantly a Top 15 RB if he gets traded. With that said 27 is usually the final season for a RB before decline starts onsetting. This could be his last elite year. 

While that's true for most RB, having less then 800 NFL carries for his career. That doesn't apply IMO. 

Hell Derrick Henry had more in the past 2 seasons alone. Hunt could play into his 30's with this usage rate but injuries will most likely deny that tbh.

He's a poor man's 2022 version of Marcus Allen only not as good.

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

The Bears if they are ever serious about putting actual talent on the field to help their young QB could definitely use him.

Please explain??? Bears signing Hunt would make no sense at all. RB is the deepest position on the entire team and the least of their worries.

3 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Please explain??? Bears signing Hunt would make no sense at all. RB is the deepest position on the entire team and the least of their worries.

I think David Montgomery is a league average replacement level RB and there is nobody behind him making anybody nervous.

Would love to have him on the Eagles, but probably not with the contract he'll want. He'd be so perfect for our blocking scheme.
I still remember his first game, where he fumbled immediately after never fumbling in NCAA, and then he flipped the beast mode switch.

Edited by Jeezla

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

I think David Montgomery is a league average replacement level RB and there is nobody behind him making anybody nervous.

There is also nobody blocking in front of him that makes anybody nervous. Jonathan Taylor would average 4.0 ypc in Chicago. That team is in shambles and I can't think of a lesser talented OL among the 31 other teams.

Edited by Jeezla