Bears LB Roquan Smith requests trade

.Buzz

2 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

He also apparently wanted $20m+ per year, something not one off-ball LB has...

My point was, if you have any agent worth their salt, they see those proposed, and immediately reject them. Where as Ro is acting on his own (which is dumb by any athlete) so there is no line of defense for him in those situations.

You act like this isn't how the market works already. Every year someone new resets the market, Roquan Smith is absolutely worth resetting the market, because that's how these things work.

2 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Richard sherman repped himself too and was paid top corner money.

Lamar Jackson also reps himself and is about to become the highest paid QB ever.

If Drue Tranquill's return from injury looks at all stagnated (which may well could be read as "if he doesn't come back as a house on fire" given how aggressive they been this offseason), I'd keep an eye on the Chargers.  Kenneth Murray hasn't really done anything to merit his draft status (not to mention he's currently on the PUP); the Chargers' FO pre-Staley-hire was extraordinarily high on Roquan coming out but never got a shot at him, and now Staley's in the mix as HC.

7 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:
2 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Richard sherman repped himself too and was paid top corner money.

Lamar Jackson also reps himself and is about to become the highest paid QB ever.

Deandre Hopkins set records with his deal too. 

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

You act like this isn't how the market works already. Every year someone new resets the market, Roquan Smith is absolutely worth resetting the market, because that's how these things work.

The longer Lamar drags things out the less likely I see that happening.

I been saying it for months.

I have no faith in Poles. He doesn’t seem to know what’s he’s doing. He was absolutely negligent this off-season and the top players are seeing it. 

Not sure if the Browns have anything we could move, but Roquan next to JOK would be CRAZY

12 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I have no faith in Poles. He doesn’t seem to know what’s he’s doing. He was absolutely negligent this off-season and the top players are seeing it. 

Innocent until proven guilty for me. Sure, he was negligent in the off-season but he also didn’t make moves of desperation that would set back the rebuild. We have no new massive contracts to worry about (I would’ve been distraught about paying Christian Kirk $21/year). We aren’t moving forward this season with a competitive roster but I am confident in the small things we did in the draft and FA and expect next offseason to be considerably more fruitful as the FO finds out what it has. 

I do hope it realizes what they have in Quan though and pay him. 

34 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Really? I think the longer he drags it our the more likely it is, especially with every new QB setting the bar higher than the last. There's no way in hell the Ravens let him hit FA.

The longer he waits the longer it's been since he was an MVP caliber player.

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

The longer he waits the longer it's been since he was an MVP caliber player.

Honestly, I don't think that matters. The Ravens suck without Lamar and the fanbase, coaches, players, everyone loves him. If the Ravens let him walk they'd burn that stadium to the ground.

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Honestly, I don't think that matters. The Ravens suck without Lamar and the fanbase, coaches, players, everyone loves him. If the Ravens let him walk they'd burn that stadium to the ground.

If he's mediocre this year or gets hurt there is no way he gets the highest paid deal ever.

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

If he's mediocre this year or gets hurt there is no way he gets the highest paid deal ever.

Well yeah, actually I agree with that. I should've also mentioned that Lamar isn't gonna negotiate during the season (he said so himself, he said there's a cutoff point), so if it doesn't happen before the season starts I do think he's hurting himself. The market has setup beautifully for him to be the highest paid ever going into this season. Waiting any longer than that, especially since his WR group this year is cheeks, does nothing but hurts him.

He's smart enough to know this.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls

9 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

Innocent until proven guilty for me.

Man they were guilty when they were a failed physical away from handing that stupid overpaid contract to Ogunjobi. 

As soon as I saw that I started to question your FO. And they’ve made concerning moves ever since. I still can’t believe your draft. Passing on offensive talent when your o line and receiver depth is horrible. 

I do like Gordon and Brisker, but you’ve got to punt defense down the road until you can protect Fields properly. They’re putting Eberflus over Justin and that’s a recipe for failure.