2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

10 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

It gives us the best chance to win now and we technically have a chance at the playoffs.

I think I heard on Burgundy & Gold today on the Team 980 it’s an 82% chance we don’t make the playoffs. If we win Sunday, it jumps up to a whopping 78%. 

Our division is way, way out in-front of us &’we’re 0-2 in the division. It’s very unlikely we make the playoffs. The Cowboys & Giants would have to fall apart for that to happen.

But, it is true that we’re not mathematically eliminate yet.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I think I heard on Burgundy & Gold today on the Team 980 it’s an 82% chance we don’t make the playoffs. If we win Sunday, it jumps up to a whopping 78%. 

Our division is way, way out in-front of us &’we’re 0-2 in the division. It’s very unlikely we make the playoffs. The Cowboys & Giants would have to fall apart for that to happen.

But, it is true that we’re not mathematically eliminate yet.

The extra team helps and I really don’t think the Giants keep this up.

as a gambling man I’d love to see the odds on us matching/better record than them

One thing I want to add for those wanting the highest pick possible, therefore prefer to lose.

Why not hope your team wins & let the draft fall where it may?

Here's a quote I read earlier...

"Look at the Chiefs and Bill's. Both teams had the 27th and 12 pick in the draft but found a way to select their franchise QB"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, aceinthehouse said:

One thing I want to add for those wanting the highest pick possible, therefore prefer to lose.

Why not hope your team wins & let the draft fall where it may?

Here's a quote I read earlier...

"Look at the Chiefs and Bill's. Both teams had the 27th and 12 pick in the draft but found a way to select their franchise QB"

Not sure if you’re referring to me being one of the fans that hope our team loses. I’ve been rooting for this team for over 40 years and Suffering through the last 30. 
We have been a mediocre team for a very long time, if you’re happy with that, great. I’m a realist and with Heinicke as our QB we’re only going to be so good. We’ve had 26 starting QB’s since 2000, not a recipe for success. 
We are not the Chiefs or the Bills so my confidence in us picking a franchise QB in the middle or at the end of round 1 is not very good. 
Hoping with all my heart that Dan Snyder is done as owner of this team which would be a great start to the success of this franchise. 
I root for this team to have success for the players and mostly for the fans who deserve a winning team. 
Like a said I’m a realist and in my opinion, the WC are not a playoff team and if they happen to make it, we will not go far. We are at best 3rd in our own division that’s why I said todays win was wasted since my hope is that some day MAYBE we luck out and pick a player as our franchise QB.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Not sure if you’re referring to me being one of the fans that hope our team loses. I’ve been rooting for this team for over 40 years and Suffering through the last 30. 
We have been a mediocre team for a very long time, if you’re happy with that, great. I’m a realist and with Heinicke as our QB we’re only going to be so good. We’ve had 26 starting QB’s since 2000, not a recipe for success. 
We are not the Chiefs or the Bills so my confidence in us picking a franchise QB in the middle or at the end of round 1 is not very good. 
Hoping with all my heart that Dan Snyder is done as owner of this team which would be a great start to the success of this franchise. 
I root for this team to have success for the players and mostly for the fans who deserve a winning team. 
Like a said I’m a realist and in my opinion, the WC are not a playoff team and if they happen to make it, we will not go far. We are at best 3rd in our own division that’s why I said todays win was wasted since my hope is that some day MAYBE we luck out and pick a player as our franchise QB.

Yea, I wasn't talking to anyone specific. Just in general.

I certainly understand why some people want to lose & get a high draft pick. 

I just don't want to do it, with a playoff roster.. Waste their careers with losing seasons.

Specially, when you can get your QB that fits your scheme in the first 2 days of the draft 

17 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Yea, I wasn't talking to anyone specific. Just in general.

I certainly understand why some people want to lose & get a high draft pick. 

I just don't want to do it, with a playoff roster.. Waste their careers with losing seasons.

Specially, when you can get your QB that fits your scheme in the first 2 days of the draft 

I get it. I totally understand. It just seems we just do enough to stay in the middle of the pack that we never get that elite QB that will be with the team for 10-12 years. 

• Like 1

If we pick at the bottom of the 1st round, I have a player in mind I would LOVE to have on this team especially if for some reason we trade A. Gibson. 
Jahmyr Gibbs. I don’t know if I’ve seen a player like him. 
I had a comp I thought for him and it’s Marshall Faulk. I know this isn’t a priority but he would be an unbelievable weapon in the running/passing attack. 

57 minutes ago, Troublez said:

^^ I like Gibbs, but we have enough at the RB position I think. We need OLine MLB or QB imo.

I would agree on a QB but don’t know what elite QB you’re getting at the end of round 1. 
Again I agree on o-line but you can get quality in rounds 2-4. There’s really no MLB that stands out. in this upcoming draft.

IMO I just think Gibbs is a very talented offensive weapon that him alone can win you games.

• Like 1