2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

On 10/25/2022 at 9:07 AM, lavar703 said:

If we aren't picking in the top 10 I'm just rolling with Heinecke and Howell next year. Give me Joey Porter Jr or Noah Sewell.

I have no problem with us drafting Hendon Hooker or Will Levis if they are available and we draft in the early teens again. 

1 hour ago, offbyone said:

Exactly.  I am not saying Heinicke is better than Wentz, but find someone to tell me that the team as a whole wouldn't have been more competitive this year with Heinicke + 28 Million in cap space vs Wentz without 28 million in cap space.  Even if we spent 8 million of that on another vet qb, then you still have 20 million to spend on positions like: payne, oline, cornerback, linebacker, etc.

We need to think about that next year.  What could we do with 26 million in cap space if we didn't have wentz here?

This!

We all know the players we lost to add Wentz & while Wentz had some good moments in his 6 games, it wasn’t enough good moments & he wasn’t consistent enough on the short to intermediate throws needed to keep drives moving.

We lose Collins, Flowers & Ioannidis bc we traded for Wentz. I’d take Heinicke & even Kyle Allen w/ Howell developing if we still had those 3 guys on our team plus probably a few more FAs added for depth.

54 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I have no problem with us drafting Hendon Hooker or Will Levis if they are available and we draft in the early teens again. 

To put into perspective he’s two years older than Sam Howell. Not to mention I’ve watched a ton of both and I just don’t see that much of a talent difference between the two. He’s one of my all-time favorite Hokies and I’m happy people are finally seeing how talented he is but I’m not sure I would spend a first on him…

Edited by lavar703

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

To put into perspective he’s two years older than Sam Howell. Not to mention I’ve watched a ton of both and I just don’t see that much of a talent difference between the two. He’s one of my all-time favorite Hokies and I’m happy people are finally seeing how talented he is but I’m not sure I would spend a first on him…

6’4, I like that. I also know we need to add more young talent to our QB room, so if  Hooker is the best we can get them draft him, he and Howell can compete w/ Heinicke or a vet FA. May the best man win.

33 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

6’4, I like that. I also know we need to add more young talent to our QB room, so if  Hooker is the best we can get them draft him, he and Howell can compete w/ Heinicke or a vet FA. May the best man win.

Honestly, I just wish they would throw Howell out there now. Not seeing what you have in him is just silly because you're going into a critical year with this staff because they will absolutely be back due to the ownership situation. I get he's a fifth round pick and most likely won't amount to much but at least see. I just hate the idea of this staff using a first round pick on a QB because there is simply no way in hell they're back for a fifth season. We will most likely have new ownership by then so I don't want to go through the Haskins crap again of a young guy going through multiple staffs immediately. 

25 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Honestly, I just wish they would throw Howell out there now. Not seeing what you have in him is just silly because you're going into a critical year with this staff because they will absolutely be back due to the ownership situation. I get he's a fifth round pick and most likely won't amount to much but at least see. I just hate the idea of this staff using a first round pick on a QB because there is simply no way in hell they're back for a fifth season. We will most likely have new ownership by then so I don't want to go through the Haskins crap again of a young guy going through multiple staffs immediately. 

I don’t even know what to say anymore, it’s just all screwed up. We have no direction as a franchise, we’re just in limbo until Dan is gone. 

I too wish Sam would get to play at some point, but I don’t expect it and I’m getting kind of tired banging my head against the wall for things that seem they should obviously do. 

I’m just meh about it. I sure wish that Rivera isn’t running our football operations past this season, but again I expect him to be bc I don’t think Dan’s going to pay the $40-50 mil or whatever it is to get rid of all the coaches, the GMs, etc.

9 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t even know what to say anymore, it’s just all screwed up. We have no direction as a franchise, we’re just in limbo until Dan is gone. 

I too wish Sam would get to play at some point, but I don’t expect it and I’m getting kind of tired banging my head against the wall for things that seem they should obviously do. 

I’m just meh about it. I sure wish that Rivera isn’t running our football operations past this season, but again I expect him to be bc I don’t think Dan’s going to pay the $40-50 mil or whatever it is to get rid of all the coaches, the GMs, etc.

Taylor playing is the simple thing of Ron trying to save Ron's job. This is a Issue you get when the Coach is basically in full control of the front office.

It's wild the Colts are so similar to us though so at least we'll get to see if they are doing the right thing, though I believe Howell is more talented the Elhinger.

As far as this thread if Ron is still in control next season as it looks like I don't think it's a good chance we go QB in the 1st I'd look more at Oline,CB, or the guy I think Ron will go after TE Michael Mayer from Notre Dame.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

Taylor playing is the simple thing of Ron trying to save Ron's job. This is a Issue you get when the Coach is basically in full control of the front office.

It gives us the best chance to win now and we technically have a chance at the playoffs.

21 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Probably with Thomas likely cut. Let's assume he isn't for now... Thomas, Turner, Bates and Rogers is fine to me. If not... then yeah add it to the list. 

I saw that for whatever reason the broncos have had Albert Okwuegbunam as a healthy scratch for 2 games in a row.  He seemed like a solid player to me, and honestly I kind of think Denver's coaches are idiots.  Could be an interesting trade target.