2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

5 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

I’m perfectly fine going corner in the first round . My hope was we could of drafted Gardner in last year draft but the jets took him.

If it was to me trade back the first next year get a Corner/Tackle / and depending if we keep the second or third would be a guard .

Start howell next year 😎

It would be a dream scenario if Howell works out to be our starting QB just like when Kirk worked out as a 4th round pick.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

If we decide CB is the need in 1st round. 
Top 3 right now

That’s a tough one, who you got?

I lean towards Joey Porter, Jr just because I’ve seen him play more & like his length on the outside but I like that Ringo & Smith play in the SEC for some great defenses and are coached well.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That’s a tough one, who you got?

I lean towards Joey Porter, Jr just because I’ve seen him play more & like his length on the outside but I like that Ringo & Smith play in the SEC for some great defenses and are coached well.

It’s very tough. Right now I think for me:

1- Kelee Ringo

2- Cam Smith

3- Joey Porter Jr

12 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

It’s very tough. Right now I think for me:

1- Kelee Ringo

2- Cam Smith

3- Joey Porter Jr

I hear ya, they’ll all kinda bunched together. One thing I like about Ringo is he’s big game tested & he & Smith are tough physical corners. Well actually, all 3 are tough physical corners tbh.

I think it was @e16bball who said pages ago in this thread or at some other point that he didn’t think any of them were top 10 worthy, which is a concern of mine too.

I think they’re good, and any of the 3 would certainly start on our D but, I don’t know that they’re going to be elite corners.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I hear ya, they’ll all kinda bunched together. One thing I like about Ringo is he’s big game tested & he & Smith are tough physical corners. Well actually, all 3 are tough physical corners tbh.

I think it was @e16bball who said pages ago in this thread or at some other point that he didn’t think any of them were top 10 worthy, which is a concern of mine too.

I think they’re good, and any of the 3 would certainly start on our D but, I don’t know that they’re going to be elite corners.

This class isn’t the top level of the last two and I save this position for last in my scout because it’s the position I play and have been studying the longest. It’s the most fun for me as well. Right now the best cover guy is Grimes at UNC. Then I’d say Porter JR because he has the perfect blend of size length and hips and speed. That said he needs alittle work. Grimes will be drafted after those 3 I think he’s the better pro. He does without things all of them have infront of them. Just what I see on Tape Ring is the 4th of the 3 you mentioned adding Grimes. 

Edited by ripsean21
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

This class isn’t the top level of the last two and I save this position for last in my scout because it’s the position I play and have been studying the longest. It’s the most fun for me as well. Right now the best cover guy is Grimes at UNC. Then I’d say Porter JR because he has the perfect blend of size length and hips and speed. That said he needs alittle work. Grimes will be drafted after those 3 I think he’s the better pro. He does without things all of them have infront of them. Just what I see on Tape Ring is the 4th of the 3 you mentioned adding Grimes. 

Maybe we go QB round 1 & Grimes in round 2? I could dig it

14 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

whatever we do I rather go into the season next year with wentz or howell than to let Rivera draft a qb. Next year would be his hot seat season and I rather have the new coach get his guy in 2023.

If Wentz is still on this team next year with his cap hit and the way performed I'd be super bummed. I'd rather just pay Heinecke $5M for two years and keep him and Howell 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lavar703 said:

If Wentz is still on this team next year with his cap hit and the way performed I'd be super bummed. I'd rather just pay Heinecke $5M for two years and keep him and Howell 

Exactly.  I am not saying Heinicke is better than Wentz, but find someone to tell me that the team as a whole wouldn't have been more competitive this year with Heinicke + 28 Million in cap space vs Wentz without 28 million in cap space.  Even if we spent 8 million of that on another vet qb, then you still have 20 million to spend on positions like: payne, oline, cornerback, linebacker, etc.

We need to think about that next year.  What could we do with 26 million in cap space if we didn't have wentz here?

• Like 2