2023 draft prospects and college football talk.

ripsean21

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

He's not built like either coming out, correct. I think it would be a long transition. 

He is 10 pounds lighter than Scherff. I guess that’s something. Not sure that means he can’t play guard but maybe at 310 pounds he can’t. It’s worth trying out of he doesn’t work out at RT. 

Edited by turtle28

9 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He is 10 pounds lighter than Scherff. I guess that’s something. Not sure that means he can’t play guard but maybe at 310 pounds he can’t. It’s worth trying out of he doesn’t work out at RT. 

Not all 310 lbs are built the same for a skillset either. 

3 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

Not all 310 lbs are built the same for a skillset either. 

Well, if you remember Flowers & Scherff both struggled with leverage when they first moved to guard also, but over the course of their first year playing the position they got better. I don’t think it’s an impossible task for Cosmi to transfer to RG if he doesn’t work out at RT but, of course I hope he works out at RT. It’s easier to find a  good guard - and we may have one already in Charles - than it is a good RT.

Edited by turtle28

16 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

We're also going to have a lame duck front office with an ownership under fire a month before the draft.  

This is what bugs me the most - its apparent, this has been the case for 2 years with lack of FA signings etc. The NFL should put a mechanism in place to protect the integrity of competition in situations such as this...

• Like 1

On 10/19/2022 at 1:21 PM, Thaiphoon said:

We're 2-4 and pretty much the worst team in the league and we currently pick #12. 

We cannot get a break

We don’t do well at making our own breaks. It’s only been an issue for 30 years! 😂 

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

Stroud w/ only 64 yards a & zero TDs in the first half & the Buckeyes O really played awful in the first half vs the great Iowa D with Campbell (LB) & Merriweather (FS) both who should be drafted 3rd round or earlier next year.

Then, in the second half Stroud was accurate & exceptional. He hit Marvin Harrison, Jr. on an out route to the pylon and it was a tight accurate pass which Harrison caught for the TD & it seemed to get Stroud going as in the 2nd half he ended up with 222 yds & 4 TDs.

Edited by turtle28

38 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I guess we’ll see if Joey Porter Jr is worth his ranking as a top 3 CB in next years draft when Penn St plays Ohio St. 

I’m perfectly fine going corner in the first round . My hope was we could of drafted Gardner in last year draft but the jets took him.

If it was to me trade back the first next year get a Corner/Tackle / and depending if we keep the second or third would be a guard .

Start howell next year 😎