49ers ' 53 man roster cut thread

49erurtaza

Just now, Forge said:

Damn, really didn't expect 5 running backs, tbh. First time for everything, I suppose. Happy for Mason though. 

He ran hard for us this pre-season. I'm not mad about him making the squad. It seems a little excessive having 5 RBs, but with what Mitchell and Sermon showed in their rookie seasons/this offseason with regard to health and Jeff Wilson's own injury history, you never know if we'll need them I guess. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GW21 said:

He ran hard for us this pre-season. I'm not mad about him making the squad. It seems a little excessive having 5 RBs, but with what Mitchell and Sermon showed in their rookie seasons/this offseason with regard to health and Jeff Wilson's own injury history, you never know if we'll need them I guess. 

If one of them can play special teams, then I think it's fine to do that and let Turner go instead. In fact, I'd prefer it. 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Maybe. Lynch tried to warn everyone though lol 

At some point everyone is going to have to take them for their word. They keep telling us things and then do exactly what they say and then people are surprised. 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, N4L said:

At some point everyone is going to have to take them for their word. They keep telling us things and then do exactly what they say and then people are surprised. 

Yeah, this is something I realized when Jimmy wasn't cut and then something I started to believe in fully once the Deebo saga unfolded and Trey was given the keys. They say it right out loud for all to hear, but they do it in a manner where it is surrounded by other uncertainties that muddy it up some. Just have to wade through the minutia to hear the answer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Hasty, Sudfeld and Castro-Fields claimed.

Sign of a deep roster. Poe went unclaimed? 

Damn, I really wanted to sneak Castro fields on to ps. 

Poe went unclaimed as far as I'm aware. Not surprising. He's not ready and if you claim him, he has to go on the 53 man

• Like 1